try this

Krazycolin
Site Admin
try this

Post by Krazycolin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:42 pm

Try this one for hover, take off torque and diminishing torque at speed.
Attachments
Bell407.zip
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

James
Re: try this

Post by James » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:03 pm

Hello Colin,

I just tried it and got the following pop up message - "Application Install" - "Sorry an error has occurred" - "The application could not be installed because the AIR file is damaged. Try obtaining and new AIR file from the application author." - Time to get ready for my day job! :shock:

finksther

Post by finksther » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:32 pm

Test it, noticed fluctuations in the RPM at start-up, goes up and drops, and max speed now is 90 kias doesn't go any higher than that, random fadec alerts. the hover angle i see it better now Image

Ken

Post by Ken » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:41 pm

what finksther said except no FADEC alarms. Hover angle for me is right at 0 or slightly nose up.
Replaced this air file with original for now.

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Thu May 01, 2014 12:35 am

who is using real weather? If so, turn it off and see what's what?

petedob

Post by petedob » Thu May 01, 2014 11:52 am

I tested the air file with and without active weather running and noted similar results:

1. Acceleration after transitional lift is very fast up to 60 KIAS, then very slow acceleration to 90 KIAS and cannot get above 90.
2. Seem to loose too much airspeed in level turns (with and without pedal input).
3. Still have the issue of eye level shifting up and down in the cockpit, it occurs randomly.
4. Twice experienced severe nose down attitude to maintain a hover. After landing the helicopter and lifting off again it demonstrated correct nose up hover, and hovering was stable.
5. FADEC alarms throughout the flight.
6. Fluctuations in RPM at idle. Rotor system goes from barely spinning to attempting to spin when on the ground, RPM guage randomly moves from 0 to 10 percent.
7. Intermittent fluctuations in torque during flight (with no inputs to collective or throttle).
8. Aircraft pivots to the right while on the ground when spooled up and ready for flight.
Last edited by petedob on Sun May 04, 2014 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken » Fri May 02, 2014 3:20 am

OK I had weather on for this.
No alarms.
Into hover with no problems.
Did not see any instrument problems
At 90% + torque max speed in level flight was 60 kts IAS

JMCorey

Post by JMCorey » Thu May 15, 2014 8:03 pm

Straight and level flight, at 100% torque only able to get to 90 - 95 kts max. ( NO WIND OR WEATHER ) Did a 10 degree nose down from 5,000agl at 100% power, dropping at 1500 ft/min only got me to 105 kts. Turning in level flight at 100% power and speed drops from 90 kts to just above ETL at 35 kts. No pedal inputs. Pedal inputs slow it even more. I know this is frustrating for everyone but the worst is how slow the cyclic responds compared to a real heli. The pitch and roll rate are worst than a UH-1 with a full hydraulic failure. There is an amazing video on youtube of a real Bell 407 doing a FULL Loop and Barrel roll. It only takes it 4.9 seconds to go all the way around in the roll. In FSX it would take about 40 seconds and you would need about 5,000 ft of altitude. I keep reading about the changes to the new FDE's but honestly I have not seen an improvement since the very 1st one.The only thing I've noticed is finally there is a good rate of descent with collective full down. The most sensitive helicopter I've flown in FSX is the Nemeth AS-350. That is as close to the real thing ( when it comes to sensitivity of cyclic inputs ) that I have seen. I fly for Los Angeles helicopters in Long Beach, not just a FSX gamer.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL6mI5iRy3g

use the above link to see just how fast the real 407 can perform a full 360 degree roll and a full loop. Its amazing how fast it happens. I timed the roll at 4.9 seconds ! ! ! Thats pretty fast.
That should be a goal to shoot for in the aircraft roll rate in game. 72 degrees per second roll rate at maximum left / right cyclic at 90% - 100% on torque setting.
That is what every pilot I have talked to thats flown one loves about the 407. Its smooth and very responsive. I can't wait until the Milviz one will be as crisp as a real one.

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Thu May 15, 2014 8:40 pm

Did you look at the date on this?

Return to “MV 407 Support Forum”