My cold and dark startup anomalies

johnjjr
My cold and dark startup anomalies

Post by johnjjr » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:46 pm

I'm running P3D v2.4- windows 7. I'm running everything as administrator. When I try to start cold and dark, when the aircraft loads it is started and is running at 70% rpm whining down to 0. I have to wait for a total stop before trying to start. Also when it loads initally some of the switches are thrown. Anyway after blades are completely stopped and switches are readjusted, when I start up the aircraft according to the manual and hit the starter switch, I'm not hearing the jet engine spool up sound as the blades start to turn. All I hear is the sound of the blades winning up. I checked and the spool up sound file " SND4 " is in the Bell407XML_sounds folder. I have used the B407 multi-installer standard version ( I did purchase FSX and P3D versions ) to download the aircraft and ACM . Anti-virus was off. Any ideas?

Krazycolin
Site Admin
Re: My cold and dark startup anomalies

Post by Krazycolin » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:54 am

Load another aircraft before this and also, make sure real weather is off...

johnjjr

Post by johnjjr » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:11 am

Update. My default aircraft when sim loads up is the F-35 lighting. I loaded the F-35 then shut everything down so that it was completely shut off. Then I saved the flight and called it " My default flight ", then exited P3D. I restarted the sim and picked " My default Flight " to load. The F-35 loaded cold and dark. I then changed aircraft in sim and loaded the Bell 407 and it also loaded cold and dark. Rotors were completely stopped and I didn't have to wait to get the aircraft started. That took care of one problem but at the startup when clicking the start switch once again I'm still not hearing the jet engine spool up though. I'm still hearing the blades whining up only. That spool up sound to me is the best part of the startup.

johnjjr

Post by johnjjr » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:19 am

I only use Rex 4 for textures. I don't have a weather program for real weather.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:04 am

What happens if you run P3D as admin? As in right click on it, select Properties->Compatibility->Run this program as administrator.

Also, your default flight should be engines running in a default aircraft. Otherwise the ready to fly state will not work.

johnjjr

Post by johnjjr » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:30 am

I set that up sometime ago( right click, compatibility tab-check run as administrator). I always run everything as administrator-ACM, P3D, still no spool up sound. As far as ready to fly I always want to start the aircraft cold and dark. That's part of the fun of it.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:31 am

Odd...Because when the 407 starts up cold and dark the blades will be spinning for a split second but then it should reload the aircraft automatically and the blades will be stopped immediately. Something is not right with the ACM selection.

Chuck Jodry

Post by Chuck Jodry » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:57 pm

Hello John , I tried to duplicate the error you had and couldn't but I did have an idea why you might have an issue, the B407's options are made with our earlier menu manager. There are version specific dlls inside the sim in questions Prepared3D v3 main folder in a subfolder named Milviz.

Inside that folder you will find other subfolders , at least B407 in your case and the > MV_MM.exe < , double click on this and make your C&D selections for the 407 version you intend to test fly , then click Save Setup . You can also right mouse on that and create a desktop shortcut so that sims Menu Manager is what is on your desktop , its possible the FSX shortcut was there .

Next once P3D is loaded please Check your weather , I had default weather running and when I looked at what that was I find its " Cold Fronts " and a wind of 16 Knots , the FDE in this Helo is touchy when starting in winds over 8 knots , the rotor drag is augmented when there is a good breeze and that overstress can prevent start .

Hope this helps , will monitor the thread .

Best CJ

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:12 am

...will monitor the thread

So will I. This sounds a bit familiar.

johnjjr

Post by johnjjr » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:40 am

Started ACM within P3D milviz sub folder and setting no wind in P3D weather setting-same thing , no spool up sound. To remind you the copper always starts up. I don't have a problem with that. It's the jet engine spool up sound i'm not hearing. When the blades start turning, the sound i'm hearing is the blades whining up. That's it. I just want to hear the spool up sound.

By the way I'm also noticing that the choices I'm making on the same 407( i always pick the same one to fly ) change when I go back and try to test again. Each time I make my chioces of equipment then I click save setup and exit ACM. After testing and exiting P3D v2 , when I retest and go back to the ACM the settings have changed and I have to reset my choices again.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:35 am

If you check the config manager, does the Cold and Dark selection persist after you have selected it?

Chuck Jodry

Post by Chuck Jodry » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:08 pm

P3D v2 , understood , will need to find out whats happening without being able to test .

Ill get back to you , Thanks for the update and trying out the suggestions .

Best CJ
Last edited by Chuck Jodry on Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:48 pm

Erm...Chuck my question was directed at johnjjr not you.

johnjjr

Post by johnjjr » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:07 am

By config manager I'm thinking you mean your ACM ? Anyway when I finish making my selections of equipment I always click on save setup. The green light comes on for a moment then goes back off. I assumed that was normal, the selections were locked in and I exit the ACM.

johnjjr

Post by johnjjr » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:21 am

I'm sorry I may have misunderstood what you were asking. Yes when selecting cold and dark the green light comes on and stays on. After a test coming back to the same 407 in the ACM, the cold and dark light is still on, but other eqipment selections have changed and I have to reset.

Return to “MV 407 Support Forum”