Flight Controls have little to no effect after rotation

znatusch
Flight Controls have little to no effect after rotation

Post by znatusch » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:41 am

Hi there,

Its been about half a year since I've tried flying the Milviz Talon in FSX-SE but this time I'm having control problems. I have previously successfully flown this aicraft on FSX-SE on the same computer without any issue, but since then I have added a bunch of addons.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, downloading the latest installer file, disabling UAC, antivirus, enabling the simulator .exe to start in admin mode. The default aircraft is the trike. Active Sky 2016 is disabled. Accufeel is disabled. I'm not using FSUIPC for controls.

I notice that the landing light switch doesn't move unless the position and formation lights are on.

I'm able to start engine, taxi and take off but immediately after takeoff (pitch attitude of no more than 3 degrees or so) the controls lose their effectiveness, and the aircraft takes unusual yawing and pitching attitudes. I've made my way through the support questions, and as far as I can tell my system is compatible and configured ok.

Does anyone have any experience with such a problem or any suggestions? Thanks.

N4GIX
Re: Flight Controls have little to no effect after rotation

Post by N4GIX » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:02 am

znatusch wrote:Hi there,
I notice that the landing light switch doesn't move unless the position and formation lights are on.
That is normal. You don't want the landing light on unless it is extended, so there's a mechanical lockout to prevent you moving the switch unless the position (nav) lights are on. This switch will extend the landing light when the gear is extended, allowing you to then turn on the landing light. This is covered in the manual.

The other things you list someone else will have to help you with.

Alvaro

Post by Alvaro » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:30 am

Its been about half a year since I've tried flying the Milviz Talon in FSX-SE but this time I'm having control problems. I have previously successfully flown this aicraft on FSX-SE on the same computer without any issue, but since then I have added a bunch of addons.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, downloading the latest installer file, disabling UAC, antivirus, enabling the simulator .exe to start in admin mode. The default aircraft is the trike. Active Sky 2016 is disabled. Accufeel is disabled. I'm not using FSUIPC for controls.

I'm able to start engine, taxi and take off but immediately after takeoff (pitch attitude of no more than 3 degrees or so) the controls lose their effectiveness, and the aircraft takes unusual yawing and pitching attitudes. I've made my way through the support questions, and as far as I can tell my system is compatible and configured ok.

Are you using EZdok?

Are controls responding normally? Is the landing gear correctly displayed?

znatusch

Post by znatusch » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:33 pm

N4GIX - thanks for that. I've read the manual but don't remember that part. Glad to see the feature is simulated accurately!

Alvaro - yes, I am using Ezdok (version 2.xx). That was one of the first things I considered. I tried reduced settings and disabling altogether but no change. One thing I haven't tried yet is shutting Ezdok down (it runs automatically when I start the sim), instead of merely using the built-in 'global disable' feature. I will try this.

However, I have used the Talon ADV successfully with EZDOK v1 (and v2, if I recall correctly) without issue.

The flight controls and control surfaces move normally (as seen from the cockpit and from external view) wen hydraulics are powered up, but have minimal effect. I can accelerate down the runway, and initiate rotation but after that it basically does a lomcovak and then crashes.

znatusch

Post by znatusch » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:51 pm

Oh and yes, the landing gear is showing correctly.

I appear to have all the required Visual basic redistributables (and then some).

The impression I get after lift off is of massively reduced control surface authority. Moving the stick to full deflection (full up, down, left right; rudder hard over either way) results in a very slight yaw (a degree at most) but no change to pitch or roll, which does it's own thing.

I needed a jet fix yesterday so I purchased and installed the F-100, which is a fine aircraft and and it works without issue. I do hope to get the white rocket running again though. Such a blast to fly. :D

Alvaro

Post by Alvaro » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:47 pm

Ezdok v2 is NOT compatible with ADV products.

Apparently by disabling some Ezdok options it could work. ...but the configuration allowing so ...if it exists...is beyond MV support. Sorry.

znatusch

Post by znatusch » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:09 pm

Thanks Alvaro.

Strange, I was pretty sure I had the Talon ADV working well with Ezdok v2. But since then perhaps there's been updates on both Ezdok and the Talon ADV which cause incompatibility.

May I ask what camera programs are known to work with Milviz ADV products? Chase plane?

znatusch

Post by znatusch » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:54 pm

I found a post at SimForums titled "Ezca v2 and Milviz F4E Adv problem".

I tried disabling several of the shake effects, and this has resulted in a huge improvement. The aircraft is now controllable and could be taken around the pattern.

Low speed handling in the landing configuration may still be somewhat affected by ezca (ezdok) but may be improved further with playing with the settings.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:25 am

Yes it is the Fuselage shakes that were the problem. The other camera option is Chase Plane.

p24fly

Post by p24fly » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:00 pm

Alvaro wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:30 am

Are you using EZdok?

Are controls responding normally? Is the landing gear correctly displayed?
I am having a similar problem but I am not using EZdok. My controls are responding normally and the landing gear is displayed correctly though.
The plane has trouble leaving the ground and the wings rock a little during straight flight and I am able to roll the aircraft just fine but as soon as I pitch up, the wings rock dramatically and it dives straight into the ground.

Alvaro

Post by Alvaro » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:21 am

What is your rotation speed?. The aircraft should start rotating at 135-145kcas and the liftoff should happen at 155kcas. Approx

Make sure your flaps are at 60% "and you trim for takeoff (TO TRIM green light ON)

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:55 am

Also, are you using P3D v4? If so, make sure your control input method is set to DirectInput, not Raw, and your realism sliders are maxxed.

p24fly

Post by p24fly » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:27 am

I adjusted flaps to 60, rotation speed at 165kts and set realism to high for everything. Seemed to work for 30 seconds then reverted back as soon as I retracted the flaps. I am not using P3D. System works for all other aircraft that I have. I am using the base version of FSX with no addon programs.

Alvaro

Post by Alvaro » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:59 pm

Does the aircraft takeoff?

Have you edited the aircraft.cfg?

Also, are you running any other addon like accusim?

Finally, you need to make sure you're above 200 kcas and the AOA indicator is the green zone before retracting the flaps or trying to maneuver. If you stall the aircraft at low altitude the wing rock will make it difficult the recovering.

p24fly

Post by p24fly » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:53 am

The aircraft lifts off, I have not edited the aircraft.cfg, I am not running any other addon like accusim. I am above 200 kts and the AOA indicator is in the green before I retract any flaps.

Return to “Northrop T-38A Advanced Support Forum”