Drag Chute

odourboy
Re: Drag Chute

Post by odourboy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:46 pm

Well no XMLTools is a big issue! (Aside form the obvious - no stick or pedals animation, there are numerous more subtle aspects of the aircraft that won't be working without that DLL.)

Your screen shot from the XML Tools installer indicated that XMLTools3D.dll was installed in the root folder of your sim and I believe you said you further manually copied the dll into there. Is that correct?

Starting to run out of ideas here. :? Can you check the properties on the XMLTools3D.dll in your sim root folder and see if Windows has 'blocked' it? (This can occur when you manually copy a dll onto your PC.) If it's blocked, you need to unblock it. If it isn't, you won't see anything about it being blocked.

Can you provide the path to the dll.xml file you edited please?

I'll also check your DLL.xml again.

gpf

Post by gpf » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:01 pm

Thank you for your patience. I got the dll to show up in process Exployer:] XMLTools3D.dll was indeed blocked! I unblocked it. However, I am unable to get the MVAMS to assign keyboard assignments. They assign in the MVAMS menu but they do not activate in the simulator.

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:12 am

This is due to your permissions. It seems certain that you're either not the admin on the machine or you're not running the sim as an admin.

Please verify.

gpf

Post by gpf » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:42 pm

Running Prepar3d in Admin as well as the MVAMS

odourboy

Post by odourboy » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:13 pm

gpf wrote:Thank you for your patience. I got the dll to show up in process Exployer:] XMLTools3D.dll was indeed blocked! I unblocked it. However, I am unable to get the MVAMS to assign keyboard assignments. They assign in the MVAMS menu but they do not activate in the simulator.
Okay - working through these! Good! Next... I think your MVAMS problems may actually P3D problems. There are known issues with P3D V3 working correctly with certain USB controllers, exacerbated by the fact that P3D V3 seems to mix up controller IDs that attached via SimConnect (which we do, TacPack does..). I myself have Saitek X-55 controllers and have several issues with V3.

Can you try setting up your Drag Chute shortcut with your regular keyboard - say using the space bar? See if it works. If so, then we may be at the mercy of a fix from LM.

gpf

Post by gpf » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:34 pm

Brian-Thank you. I have isolated it to my Saitek controls. I can assign it to the keyboard, but not to my Saitek hardware. You have been most helpful, my friend.

zsoltquack

Post by zsoltquack » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:16 pm

The brake chute is weak!
Can it be changed?

Return to “North American F100D Support Forum”