Visual joystick "crazy" in the cockpit...

Richard Portier
Visual joystick "crazy" in the cockpit...

Post by Richard Portier » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:22 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem like described in this topic : viewtopic.php?f=113&t=6142 to the difference that I have Fsx Acc.

Please is it possible to have a fix for Fsx (Xmltools) ?

Fsx Acc, W7U64, Thrustmaster Warthog correctly calibrated, Saitek Rudder. I have not this problem with other many aircrafts I have (Milviz and so...).

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier
Re: Visual joystick "crazy" in the cockpit...

Post by Richard Portier » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:05 pm

Toc, toc, hello, somebody from team there ?

Regards,
Richard

odourboy

Post by odourboy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:10 am

Hi Richard,

The XML tools 'fix' provided in the thread you referenced is not applicable to FSX Acc since the bug (which was corrected in the product a year ago) only occurred in the version of XML Tools that got installed into P3D V3. V2 and FSX never had the bug, so your issue is a bit of a mystery if you're getting those particular symptoms in the VC.

A couple of things to check though: Have a quick read of Page 9 of the MilViz F-100D User Guide and see if this is applicable to you and see it looks like XML Tools got installed properly on your sim. Confirm there's an entry in the DLL.xml for XML Tools and that XML Tools.dll is installed into the 'Microsoft Flight Simulator X' folder (I believe version 2.0.0.1 is the correct version).

Let me know. I can easily post a zip of the XML Tools.dll for FSX if you need it.

Richard Portier

Post by Richard Portier » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:17 pm

odourboy wrote:Hi Richard,

The XML tools 'fix' provided in the thread you referenced is not applicable to FSX Acc since the bug (which was corrected in the product a year ago) only occurred in the version of XML Tools that got installed into P3D V3. V2 and FSX never had the bug, so your issue is a bit of a mystery if you're getting those particular symptoms in the VC.

A couple of things to check though: Have a quick read of Page 9 of the MilViz F-100D User Guide and see if this is applicable to you and see it looks like XML Tools got installed properly on your sim. Confirm there's an entry in the DLL.xml for XML Tools and that XML Tools.dll is installed into the 'Microsoft Flight Simulator X' folder (I believe version 2.0.0.1 is the correct version).

Let me know. I can easily post a zip of the XML Tools.dll for FSX if you need it.
Hi Brian,

-Entry in the DLL.xml for XML Tools confirmed.

-I have the XML Tools.dll in Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder. However the version I have is 2.0.0.0 Copyright Tom Aguilo 2014. Maybe the "glitch" is here ?

Thank you and Regards,

Richard

odourboy

Post by odourboy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:01 pm

Okay.. I think you're onto something here.

I've attached a .zip of the XML Tools.dll for FSX to this post. Give it a try (save your 2.0.0.0 version elsewhere just in case). Unzip this one and replace the XML Tools.dll in your FSX root folder. Check the properties as you might have to 'unblock' this .dll since it's being manually copied rather than placed with an installer.
Attachments
XMLTools.zip
(70.27 KiB) Downloaded 26 times

Richard Portier

Post by Richard Portier » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:43 pm

odourboy wrote:Okay.. I think you're onto something here.

I've attached a .zip of the XML Tools.dll for FSX to this post. Give it a try (save your 2.0.0.0 version elsewhere just in case). Unzip this one and replace the XML Tools.dll in your FSX root folder. Check the properties as you might have to 'unblock' this .dll since it's being manually copied rather than placed with an installer.
Bingo !!! That did the trick 8-)

Thank you very much Brian,

Regards,

Richard

odourboy

Post by odourboy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:26 pm

Great news!

Question for you.. did you install FlySimWare's Lear35A recently by any chance? It appears they are distributing this obsolete version of the XML Tools.dll with their product. I'm sort of curious how you came by this because AFAIK, MilViz never distributed the 2.0.0.0 XML Tools for FSX.

Richard Portier

Post by Richard Portier » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:05 pm

odourboy wrote:Great news!

Question for you.. did you install FlySimWare's Lear35A recently by any chance? It appears they are distributing this obsolete version of the XML Tools.dll with their product. I'm sort of curious how you came by this because AFAIK, MilViz never distributed the 2.0.0.0 XML Tools for FSX.
I bought and installed the Lear in 2016, September but I have bought and installed the F100D after the Lear in 2016, December. However I bought and installed the Aerosoft Bronco the same day that the F100D.
Question : normally the fact to install the F100D after the Lear should have updated the XML Tools ?
If not, is it possible that the Bronco is involved ?

Regards,
Richard

odourboy

Post by odourboy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Richard Portier wrote: I bought and installed the Lear in 2016, September but I have bought and installed the F100D after the Lear in 2016, December. However I bought and installed the Aerosoft Bronco the same day that the F100D.
Question : normally the fact to install the F100D after the Lear should have updated the XML Tools ?
If not, is it possible that the Bronco is involved ?

Regards,
Richard
I doubt the Bronco was involved. There are only a small handful of payware addons using XML tools AFAIK.

Actaully, it's installing the Lear payload manager add-on, not the aircraft itself, that adds the XML Tools.dll to the sim. Possibly, you ran the payload manager exe later? I'm not sure what considerations the XML tools installer takes into account but knowing that there's a potential source of conflict is good because the symptoms are glaring and the fix is easy. Thanks for the additional info!

Return to “North American F100D Support Forum”