HUEY - Engine instruments not operational

F6BNM
Location: France, 78180-MONTIGNY-le-BRETONNEUX, 8km SW of Versailles
HUEY - Engine instruments not operational

Post by F6BNM » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:51 am

Hello to the team,

After spending numerous hours checking and investigating, I contact you.
The engine instruments of my HUEY are not operational (all remaining at zero).

So I have gathered all the information below, in the hope for you to diagnose and find a solution.

Thanks for your help,

Stefano - F6BNM.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/ Configuration used:

A.1/ System OS: Windows 10 (up to date),
A.2/ Sim platform: FSX-SE (up to date) version no. shown at start up (right down corner) is: V.10.0.62615.0
A.3/ 3rd party hardware in use: SAITEK X-56 joystick and throttle decks, and SAITEK rudder pedals.
A.4/ 3rd party software in use: only FSUIPC4 (licensed version)

A.5/ Collected Error Reports:

(Synthetic) Event report found showing "ERROR":

La création du contexte d’activation a échoué pour « C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\MILVIZ_Bell_UH1C\Panel\AMSInterop.dll ». Assembly dépendant Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",type="win32",version="10.0.61259.0" introuvable. Utilisez sxstrace.exe pour un diagnostic détaillé.

Nom du journal :Application
Source : SideBySide
Date : 10/02/2018 11:18:14
ID de l’événement :33
Catégorie de la tâche :Aucun
Niveau : Erreur
Mots clés : Classique
Utilisateur : N/A
Ordinateur : DESKTOP-219DM02
Description :
La création du contexte d’activation a échoué pour « C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\MILVIZ_Bell_UH1C\Panel\AMSInterop.dll ». Assembly dépendant Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",type="win32",version="10.0.61259.0" introuvable. Utilisez sxstrace.exe pour un diagnostic détaillé.

XML de l’événement :
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="SideBySide" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49409">33</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-02-10T10:18:14.174627800Z" />
<EventRecordID>15699</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-219DM02</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",type="win32",version="10.0.61259.0"</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\MILVIZ_Bell_UH1C\Panel\AMSInterop.dll</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

A.6/ Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package installed include:
* Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
* Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3

B/ "How to fix most problems" has been browsed and taken into account:

B.1/ Software version used: FSX-SE
No P3D software present on the PC. As Flight-Sim software and version of it, ONLY FSX-SE is installed on the PC.

B.2/ B4 downloading and installing the Milviz_UH1_C_H_v1.170803.exe model AVAST anti-Virus software AND Microsoft AV software have been disabled.
Please take note that in spite that this executable show a version number V.1.170803 in its filename(and accessorily a size of 299.122 kb), when activated the installation windows... SHOWS an OLDER VERSION NUMBER, i.e. V.1.161104 !
Downloading has been tried several times via Dropbox and directly, and results are always the same.

B.3/ The FSX directory is off limits to AV scanning
B.4/ UAC has been disabled.
B.5/ FSX is ran as an Administrator.
B.6/ As I use Windows 10 and FSX-SE, FSX is normally ran, i.e. without ticking a compatibility mode (I have tried also with Windows 7 ticked without success)
B.7/ Video card is DX12 compatible (checked with the standard Windows ad hoc utility)
B.8/ FSX has been normally installed via the standard Steam downloading utility
B.9/ The defaut aircraft is the classical C172, so not a MIL-VIZ acft.

B.10/ SimConnect libraries:
The two following are shown in the installed swoiftware list:
* Microsoft FS SimmConnect Client V.10.0.612.5 (3.48 Mo),
* Microsoft FS X Steam Edition (80.8 Go is actually displayed, which seems astonishing).

It is not possible to run the SimConnect.msi mentionned, as I cannot find in any possible P3D\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib directory, I have no P3D software installed.
Note also that in spite of searching the internet, and especially on the Microsoft site, it has NOT been possible to found a location to download a possible latest version (or any other version) of that famous SimConnect.msi!

C/ Isssue observed:

The HUEY is configured as a hot start (so engine and rotors rotating when selecting FSX-SE) (Note : the defaut acft configured is the C164)
The HUEY can fly BUT
All engine instruments are dead.

D/ General behaviour of FSX and Windows observed:
The PC is normally working under Windows 10.
FSX-SE is normally working for any acft, including Engine instruments, with the SAITEK joystick, throttle, and ruder pedals, EXCEPT the MIL-VIZ HUEY.

Dutch
Re: HUEY - Engine instruments not operational

Post by Dutch » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:39 pm

Thanks for the detailed report. The problem with the engine instruments being dead is that the UH1_System.dll is not being loaded or executed by FSX.

Since it appears you're doing everything right, and it normally works, our task is to find out what's different on your system.

One thing that stands out is that it's Steam. I have a steam edition on another computer, I'll install there and see if I can reproduce it.

Meanwhile, please double-check that you have the VS 2015 redistributes installed properly. When the dll won't run at all that's usually the problem.

Thanks
Dutch

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:05 am

For FSX Steam, go to your FSX Steam directory\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK . It is a different path compared to P3D.

F6BNM
Location: France, 78180-MONTIGNY-le-BRETONNEUX, 8km SW of Versailles

Post by F6BNM » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:00 pm

Dear Dutch and JonathanBleeker,

thanks for your answers.

My comments about them, and the Final Solution I found, only by myself, follows:

1/ The problem with the engine instruments being dead is that the UH1_System.dll cannot be managed (and not actually executed) by FSX.
Among lots of actions which need to be performed by FSX, the latter calls for other external routines to actually communicate with, display and animate gauges.
If one of the needed routine cannot be executed, e.g, simply because it is not present in the expected folder, the corresponding gauges would not animate.

2/ One can understand from your message that the MIL-VIZ would have been designed to be usable with a classic/traditional (CD-ROM) version of FSX, and would eventually not consider the specifications of FSX-SE nowadays version, widely used to-day.
Whereas, the MIL-VIZ page (http://milviz.com/flight/products/UH-1_redux/index.php) clearly mention that the FSX-SE platform is supported.
This point should need clarification, and possible a correction of this page, if not actually true.

3/ The oddity of version number of the current product of MIL-VIZ HUEY mentioned in my original post is not processed in the answers, whereas it is heavily insisted by MIL-VIZ on the fact that the user should use the latest version of anything he sets up. A point which is difficult to be sure about, if there is doubt in the ad hoc shown version numbers.

4/ What is "VS 2015 redistributes"? Its function and where it can be dowloaded ?

5/ Thanks to Jonathan for the laconic but pertinent information he formulates.
Yes, within the folder coresponding to FSX Steam directory\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK...
one can find the famous SimConnect Packages.
I guess you browsed the details of the Report and... diagnosed the issue was coming from: quote SimConnect "version="10.0.61259.0" cannot be found" unquote.

6.1/ The SimConnect "connection":
It seems that in the installation specification, one important item is missing.
Similarly to the MICROSOFT Visual C++ packages, it should be added which packages numbers of MICROSOFT SimConnect are needed to be installed, and where and how they can be downloaded or directly found.
Making virtual deep archeology investigation on the MICROSOFT site, I could not find the various packages of SimConnect... strange.
Eventually, I found the files I was looking for on: http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=simconnect
I installed each package and, each time, I relaunch FSX-SE and my HUEY, and...
BINGO ! After SimConnect package V.10.0.61259.0 was installed... the engine gauge came to life.

Only for records, the packages I have on my disk NOW are:
V.10.0.60905.0
V.10.0.61242.0
V.10.0.61259.0
V.10.0.62615.0

6.2/ The Visual C++ "connection":
Also, and generally speaking, in order to avoid future problems (why not making preventive actions), I have installed ALL the different packages of MICROSOFT visual C++, and they are numerous (18 packages, another odd way of processing the corrective and evolutive maintenance of software, instead of providing a new complete file for each updating).
For information, there is a free and powerfull software tool that will check what packages of Visual C++ are actually on your disk and complete automatically your collection to full level, see: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details ... aller.html

I have used it, and it worked for me.

Friendly,
Stefano - F6BNM.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:19 pm

If you had gone to the location I had suggested you would likely have found the SimConnect.msi that you got from FSPassengers website.

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:36 pm

Just to add to the full understanding, there's nothing "ad hoc" about our version numbering...

For example, V.1.170803

The numbers after the full stop (.) is a date code: .YYMMDD
So, that means the file was compiled on August 3, 2017

ThunderbirdChief

Post by ThunderbirdChief » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:46 pm

I have MV UH-1 FSX Redux.All things work real good with no problem but the ITT gauge is got a problem each time I turn the master on it maxs out.After about 5 mins.of fly it starts to work like it should.Then when I shut down it does the reverse and and maxs out for about 5 mins and goes to
vero and all is ok.You all are very great in what you do and please keep up the GOOD WORK.If we can fix this or not i will stall keep on flying the HUEY.I also have flown HUEY over 50- years and i never get tired of flying them.

Thank you gentleman for your time.
Thunderbird Flying Service Inc
Michael A Proff

i

I

Return to “UH1 Redux Support Forum”