M61 Sideguns sound and effect position

luckylucas
M61 Sideguns sound and effect position

Post by luckylucas » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:03 am

When i fly the Huey Uh1-C in the outside view and pess the (I) Key to activate the M61 sideguns, i just can see the smokeeffect but no gunsound ???
With the UH-1H the smokeeffect is at the same position like in the UH-1C and not next to the UH-1H Sideguns. Also no gunsound ???
What can i do ????
Which gunsound out of the default P3D soundfolder schould be in use.

Dutch
Re: M61 Sideguns sound and effect position

Post by Dutch » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:41 pm

luckylucas wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:03 am
When i fly the Huey Uh1-C in the outside view and pess the (I) Key to activate the M61 sideguns, i just can see the smokeeffect but no gunsound ???
With the UH-1H the smokeeffect is at the same position like in the UH-1C and not next to the UH-1H Sideguns. Also no gunsound ???
What can i do ????
Which gunsound out of the default P3D soundfolder schould be in use.
After some investigation, it appears these are two bugs.

1) No minigun sounds in the outside view for the C model is a bug. (Do you hear them from the inside? Probably.)
2) There are no working guns on the H model so you shouldn't see any smoke or hear any guns, seeing the smoke is a bug.

Dutch

luckylucas
Re: M61 Sideguns sound and effect position

Post by luckylucas » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:39 am

Hi Dutch
THX for your fast replay :)

1. No minigun sound in cockpit view neighter. ( C model )
2. So would it make sence to delete the effect entry at the [SmokeSystem] ( fx_MV_F4_M61) of the aircraft.cfg from the H model.

For the minigun sound of the C model
i litterly add a sound from the default sound folder into the fx_MV_F4_M61 effectfile for the C model.

[Sound]
FileName=SFX_M60.wav
MinAttenuationDistance=100.00
Looping=False

If you modify the soundfile to a 1 sec sound than you have a quite good result.

I can sent you the soundfile if you want

Actually you need two different sounds, one for the inside and another one for the outside .
but how ? you will comand your effectfile fx_MV_F4_M61 to know when it should play the in or the outside sound ????

greetings
luckyLucas

Return to “UH1 Redux Support Forum”