TAC Pack Not working with Huey [Answered]

Covertghost
TAC Pack Not working with Huey [Answered]

Post by Covertghost » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:20 am

Hello,

I have Prepar3d Version 4.5.13 and TAC Pack version 1.5.1.2. I have everything mapped within TAC Pack to my Joystick, but for whatever reason I cannot get any of the weapons to fire in the Huey at all. The Arm Light comes on and I have tried selecting all weapons, but nothing fires. I also verified that I have the SimConnect installed as well. Any idea what could be causing this?

Covertghost
Re: TAC Pack Not working with Huey

Post by Covertghost » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:34 am

Update.. I was able to get the weapons to work in the C Variant. Are you able to fire the M-60's in the H version? If so what command do you use? Also for some reason I can't get the Gun Sight to come down on the C Variant. When I click on it with my mouse nothing happens.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:00 pm

I don't currently have TP installed, let me see if I can get one of the developers to chime in.

Covertghost

Post by Covertghost » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:16 pm

Update I was able to figure out the gunsight and why it wasn't working. I had to install Sim Connect. The only things that are outstanding are the M60's not firing in the H Variant and in the C Variant the weapons and guns fire, but for some reason none of the existing building blow up. Thanks for your Help

Dutch

Post by Dutch » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:53 pm

Covertghost wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:16 pm
Update I was able to figure out the gunsight and why it wasn't working. I had to install Sim Connect. The only things that are outstanding are the M60's not firing in the H Variant and in the C Variant the weapons and guns fire, but for some reason none of the existing building blow up. Thanks for your Help
The guns on the H model aren't designed to shoot, they are visual only. Only the C model has a Tacpack implementation. That was a design decision made at the beginning of the Huey project: the H is a slick, the C is the weaponized version.

That buildings don't show damage is a limitation of the simulator. Scenery objects can't be changed or altered in-sim by code; thus Tacpack can't damage scenery objects. It can damage SimObjects like airplanes and trucks, and some projects (like FSX@War) have created libraries of SimObjects that look like ground structures but are really airplanes to the sim, and those can be damaged/destroyed. But those are special cases, normal objects like airport buildings, etc, can't be changed. It's a Tacpack limitation forced on them by the simulator's limitations.

If you want to damage objects, google "FSXatWar". If you want them to be able to shoot back at you, google FSCAI.

FSX@War has a Southeast Asia scenario available for it, and FSCAI supports this with a number of missions, some of which are naturally suited for both the H and the C models and their capabilities. You will be able to damage enemy objects, but they will be able to damage you too, so be careful!

Milviz is not responsible for, nor do we support either of these freeware projects, so you're on your own implementing them.

Dutch

Return to “UH1 Redux Support Forum”