Milviz Beaver issues

pj3236
Milviz Beaver issues

Post by pj3236 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:24 am

Looking for some help as I have installed this aircraft and have some issues. I have done some reading on the Milviz site and it looks like I may have had
my virus software turned on during download. They suggest I re download and reinstall to see if this will help. I also have a slight problem that my hard drive died and I lost confirmation that I have purchased it. Does anyone know if someone I can contact at Miviz to see if I can work this out so I can re download. I guess I could purchase it again but I feel that is not fair.

Paul

Raptor
Re: Milviz Beaver issues

Post by Raptor » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:13 pm

send an email to oisin@milviz.com and he'll help you

pj3236

Post by pj3236 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:24 pm

Okay Oisin has shown me where I had purchased the Beaver from the Aerosoft site. I have also purchased a copy from Orbx in frustration. Now that I have calmed down a bit I am ready to ask for some help please.

What I have done so far is make sure I followed all the guidelines for downloading and installing. My problem is that I have no VC lights or gauge lites. The issue with none functioning gauges and the prop lever are now okay. I installed the xmltools64 that Oisin led me to. It placed xmltools64.dll in main P3D4.5 sim folder. Also adds this to the dll.xml in applications,LM,P3dv4.
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLTools64</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Path>XMLTools64.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

Still don't have any lighting. All that lights up are the radio instruments. Everything else works fine on this aircraft. I can attach pictures if you need.

Paul

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:44 am

This product used our older lighting system. That being said there are a couple of things you must do or the product will not get installed properly and your antivirus will delete the lighting services:

1) Make sure your P3D folder is excluded from antivirus scans ( set an exclusion in WIndows defender)
2) Right click the installer and run as admin

I have seen windows defender delete the lighting service many times with no notification. Rest assured there is no virus.

For troubleshooting:

When P3D is running please user ctrl+alt+delete and bring up windows task manager and drill down on the P3D process, you should see Milviz Lighting Service under P3D like this:
lighting.JPG
lighting.JPG (114.13 KiB) Viewed 1143 times

pj3236

Post by pj3236 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:51 pm

Thanks for your response.

I have set the exclusion in win10 defender. I completed a fresh install of the Beaver, in the process of the installation I was prompted to install the xmltools which I did.

checked my sim and the gauges work fine along with the prop lever, I had issues with these before but now working. Still no lighting, only the radio's are light up. All other lights on the aircraft work fine. I check task manager and Milviz_lighting_Service is not running.

I don't use any anti virus programs only Win10 defender. Are there any other processes I need to turn off in order for this software to install properly.

Paul

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:12 pm

Investigating.

You may be missing a C++ redistributable or something that is not letting it run. In Windows control Panel you need to have Visual C++ 2010 and 2015 (or 2015-2019) redistributables.

Let me see if I can get feedback from the devs.

In the mean time: Please make sure your P3D is being run as admin and that you do NOT have the " compatibility " checkbox set. ( on your P3D icon )

Return to “DHC-2 Beaver Support Forum”