No strobes in flight?

Stew
No strobes in flight?

Post by Stew » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:58 pm

While sitting on the ground, the strobes of the 310R function normally. However, in flight they seem to have developed a problem--they don't flash. Any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Stew

Stew
Re: No strobes in flight?

Post by Stew » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:58 pm

Ok, I discovered I didn't have the MilVizC310_strobe.fx file in the Effects folder (P3Dv4). I copied that file from the Effects folder in FSX (which I don't fly anymore), and the strobe lights work correctly while in flight.

On another note, I'm wondering why the red and green nav lights are illuminated, even though the _navgreen.fx and _navred.fx files aren't in that Effects folder, which they are in FSX :?:

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:10 pm

Stew wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:58 pm
Ok, I discovered I didn't have the MilVizC310_strobe.fx file in the Effects folder (P3Dv4). I copied that file from the Effects folder in FSX (which I don't fly anymore), and the strobe lights work correctly while in flight.

On another note, I'm wondering why the red and green nav lights are illuminated, even though the _navgreen.fx and _navred.fx files aren't in that Effects folder, which they are in FSX :?:
That is very strange. Here is a complete list of .fx files that are in the C310R Redux installer:

As for your other question regarding the red/gree nav lights, the glass 'cover' is lighted via textures, so even if the red/green .fx files are missing, you will still see red/green light.

Stew

Post by Stew » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:35 pm

Thanks, Bill. Do the red/green .fx files add anything to the display of the nav lights at all then? I can add them from the FSX installation if necessary.

Stew

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:41 pm

Stew wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:35 pm
Thanks, Bill. Do the red/green .fx files add anything to the display of the nav lights at all then? I can add them from the FSX installation if necessary.

Stew
The .fx files add the 'star of light' effect which represents the 'light bulb.'

Stew

Post by Stew » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:36 pm

N4GIX wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:41 pm
Stew wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:35 pm

Stew
The .fx files add the 'star of light' effect which represents the 'light bulb.'
Sure, that makes sense, of course. Thanks again.

Stew

Stew

Post by Stew » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:11 pm

As a matter of record, the following files were also missing from my Effects folder, in addition to _navgreen.fx and _navred.fx:

_navwhi_sm.fx and _strobe_smGS.fx

I have no idea how this happened, but will copy these 4 files over from the FSX Effects folder, and all should be well.

Stew

Stew

Post by Stew » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:49 pm

After installing the four .fx files above ^^^, I have the regular rotating beacon and also another flashing red light offset from the rotating beacon. What could be causing this?

Stew

Edit to add: The _navred.fx file was causing the duplication, strangely, so I added ".off" to the file name and no more twin red flashing beacon. Even so, the "star effect" is still there with the red nav light, and I don't know why this is the case if I have turned off that fx file. Does all this have something to do with P3Dv4? Very strange.

Stew

Post by Stew » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:01 am

A quick update: An uninstall and reinstall of the aircraft solved all the issues with the strobes and nav lights. Everything is back to normal. :!:

Return to “310 Redux Support Forum”