P3Dv4.5 Dual RXP GNS Setup ?

scottb613
P3Dv4.5 Dual RXP GNS Setup ?

Post by scottb613 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:57 pm

Hi Folks,

Re: MV_310R_Redux_v3.180904_wx

OK - new build - fresh download - trying to load my C310R Redux - install went fine - I selected the "Dual RXP GNS 530/430" via the configuration tool (no wx radar) - changed to "Cold and Dark" just to be sure the "write" took place - hit save - launched the sim and both GNS units still show "default" units - the change took effect (cold and dark) - tried a couple times - same result (lol - the very definition of insanity) - no joy...

Now I can go through and use the RXP Tool to swap gauges - but while this works with the GSN530 - the VC buttons on the GNS430 will not work... Both gauges have no popup click spots when I do this myself...

Should the tool use the RXP Gauges - without customer intervention ?

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

scottb613
Re: P3Dv4.5 Dual RXP GNS Setup ?

Post by scottb613 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:07 pm

Does your system meet the sim's requirements? YES
Did you temporarily disable your anti-virus program during the download process? YES
Before installing did you disable UAC. (User Account Control)? YES
Did you install, and are you running the sim as an admin? YES
Before running the sim did you make sure the FSX/P3D directory is off limits to any AV scanning? YES
Does your system have the required distributables? YES
Is your video card DX11 compatible? YES
If applicable, did you disable any FSX to P3D migration tools (like Estonia) before running the sim? YES
Are you using an aircraft other than a Milviz one as your default aircraft? YES
Have you installed in the root sim directory? YES
Do you have the appropriate SimConnect libraries installed? YES

Aircraft: 310R Redux
Sim platform: P3D v.4
Operating system: Win10
Version: 3.180904_wx
Unique ticket identifier: 683F7841-31D6-088D-8E15-0B985A1DCD8F

scottb613

Post by scottb613 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:12 pm

Hi Folks,
Our dedicated support team of Milviz programmers is waiting to help you.
I believe I jumped through all the proper hoops - just looking for a little help here...

Is it just my setup or is there a problem with the package ?

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:15 am

First, make sure that you do NOT have an instance of MVAMS loaded by checking in the Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del).

How the MVAMS system works is by copy/rename/pasting the special pre-configured ..\MV_C310R\panel\PanelConfigs folder the version you want to use. In your case that would be either the RXP_530_430_panel.cfg or the RXP_530_430_WX_panel.cfg file to the root ..\panel folder. It stores a copy of the default panel.cfg file at the same time.

There is a call to a special XML file that will display and shift the required 3d mesh for the chosen avionics devices when you load the aircraft.

Jon would have to help with any MAVMS problems, if what I suggested in the first sentence is not the problem.

scottb613

Post by scottb613 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:20 pm

N4GIX wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:15 am
First, make sure that you do NOT have an instance of MVAMS loaded by checking in the Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del).

How the MVAMS system works is by copy/rename/pasting the special pre-configured ..\MV_C310R\panel\PanelConfigs folder the version you want to use. In your case that would be either the RXP_530_430_panel.cfg or the RXP_530_430_WX_panel.cfg file to the root ..\panel folder. It stores a copy of the default panel.cfg file at the same time.

There is a call to a special XML file that will display and shift the required 3d mesh for the chosen avionics devices when you load the aircraft.

Jon would have to help with any MAVMS problems, if what I suggested in the first sentence is not the problem.
Hi Bill,

Thanks so much for responding - yeah - I'm 99% sure I only had one instance running - I'll double check this weekend when I get in to confirm...

Not my first rodeo so I believe I was doing it correctly...

Regards,
Scott

Return to “310 Redux Support Forum”