jettison store and fuel problems

vvince
jettison store and fuel problems

Post by vvince » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:41 pm

Hi,

I am experiencing strange things with the external tanks jettisoning and the fuel gauge in the F-4E :

-1- very often when I jettison external tanks (did not try with bombs), the plane crashes in the air right after the tank has gone. I could not find any jettison limit (speed, attitude) in the manual, but it happens at mid - low speed (200 - 350 knts), and level.
It happens also at higher speed and climbing, but that's maybe less surprising. Am I outside of the jettison envelope or is it a bug?

-2- I can jettison tanks by pressing the jettison selector even if it is up on OFF instead of down on STORE ...

-3- when the plane does not crash by jettisoning a tank, the internal fuel gauge drops by 250 (I suppose x10 lbs, and thatt's for the central tank) as if the fuel quantity in the tank was deduced from the internal fuel amount... strange.

Any idea?

Thanks
Vvince

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does your system meet the sims requirements?: YES
Did you temporarily disable your anti-virus program during the download process?: YES
Before installing did you disable UAC. (User Account Control)?: YES
Did you install, and are you running the sim as an admin?: YES
Before running the sim did you make sure the FSX/P3D directory is off limits to any AV scanning?: YES
Does your system have the required distributables?: YES
Is your video card DX11 compatible?: YES
If applicable, did disable any FSX to P3D migration tools (like Estonia) before running the sim?: YES
Are you using an aircraft other than a Milviz one as your default aircraft?: YES
Do you have the appropriate SimConnect libraries installed?: YES

Aircraft: F-4E ADVANCED addon
Sim platform: P3D v.4
Operating system: Win10
Version: A1.170830_EADV

Alvaro
Re: jettison store and fuel problems

Post by Alvaro » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:30 am

vvince wrote: -1- very often when I jettison external tanks (did not try with bombs), the plane crashes in the air right after the tank has gone. I could not find any jettison limit (speed, attitude) in the manual, but it happens at mid - low speed (200 - 350 knts), and level.
It happens also at higher speed and climbing, but that's maybe less surprising. Am I outside of the jettison envelope or is it a bug?
It is due to P3D/FSX´s default collision system. To avoid it you must leave disabled "allow collisions with other aircraft" realism option.
The problem no longer happens with TacPack (FSX/P3Dv3) even if collisions with other aircraft are enabled. Hopefully it will fix the issue also in P3Dv4 when released.
vvince wrote: -2- I can jettison tanks by pressing the jettison selector even if it is up on OFF instead of down on STORE ...
We will check it.
vvince wrote: -3- when the plane does not crash by jettisoning a tank, the internal fuel gauge drops by 250 (I suppose x10 lbs, and thatt's for the central tank) as if the fuel quantity in the tank was deduced from the internal fuel amount... strange.
This is a bug related to non-TacPack use. It will be fixed in the next ADV update disregarding TacPack is used or not.
Thanks for reporting.

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 E Advanced Support Phorum”