PC-6 Porter loud beeping after landing

Post your support request in the sub-forum that corresponds to your product
srjones0405
PC-6 Porter loud beeping after landing

Post by srjones0405 » Wed May 06, 2020 3:09 am

Every time I come in for a landing, a loud high pitch beeping occurs. Even with a perfect smooth landing, the same beeping occurs. Any thoughts? what causes this beeping?

svero1848
Re: PC-6 Porter loud beeping after landing

Post by svero1848 » Wed May 06, 2020 1:12 pm

I have bought the PC-6 just yesterday. And I hadn't this sound on my first off-field landing. But that's all experience I have up to now with this model.

When did this sound happened exactly? If a high beeping sound occurs after a touchdown the first thing which would came into my mind is that your landing was "too" hard and has triggered the ELT.

mchristy

Post by mchristy » Wed May 06, 2020 1:19 pm

I had the same experience the last time I used the Porter a few weeks ago. I don't have access to my FS computer at the moment, but I seem to recall my beeping was due to my oil temperature creeping up after landing. Check your oil temp gauge to see if it's in the green, and if it's not in the green make sure your oil cooler plunger control (at the top right control of the instrument panel) is set open. Not sure if that's your exact situation, but it cured my beeping after landing....although it took maybe 30 seconds or so for my oil temp to lower accordingly once I opened the oil cooler. Hope this helps.

srjones0405

Post by srjones0405 » Thu May 07, 2020 6:12 am

The landing was -50 fpm, so thats not it. Next time I will check the temps of the oil. Now i'm having other issues, I haven't had the best experience with my purchase so far, because even following the checklists things keep going wrong. Now I am loosing my engine shortly after takeoff, I ever double checked I am not over torquing the engine. Any help to either of these?
Thanks,
Tuggz

MUSTERPILOT

Post by MUSTERPILOT » Thu May 07, 2020 7:26 am

The reason that you get that sound when you land it is the trim just move your elevator trim up or down and the sound will go away hope this helps

Return to “Support Forums”