MSFS Milviz_WASM_Helper.exe looks for SimConnect.cfg then CTD

Post your support request in the sub-forum that corresponds to your product
svmirador
MSFS Milviz_WASM_Helper.exe looks for SimConnect.cfg then CTD

Post by svmirador » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:54 pm

Windows 10 MSFS 1.21.18.0

The sim (1.21.18.0) was running great this morning when real life interfered and I had to take the G2 goggles off. Now, when I start the Sim (steam) I see the "FlightSim.exe has stopped working" message exactly 29-seconds from pressing Play in Steam.

I run ProcMon to capture ALL system events and then narrow down to the interesting stuff. I can see the command where Windows loads wersvc.dll (windows error reporting system) at 29.0xxx seconds.

The flighsim.exe commands just prior to that call to WER are actually issued by Milviz_WASM_Helper.exe which issues 10 consecutive calls to read SimConnect.cfg with a result of NAME NOT FOUND each time. It tries to find the .cfg file in users\Public Documents (no such folder) and Windows\System32 (no file found). I cannot find simconnect.cfg anywhere on my system - is it necessary and is it the root cause of my intractable CTD during loading?

After those 10 attempts to find SimConnect.cfg FlightSim.exe tries to DELETE a file named \MicrosoftFlightSimulator\? (where ? is really a symbol I have never seen before) - Windows responds NAME INVALID

FlightSim.exe then reads an AMD64 driver named nvldumdx.dll ( directX driver) and dcomp.dll (creates registry entries)

Windows kernel then does 20 svchost calls resulting in the reading of the AVAST (my security system which is supposed to be inactive - it's menu says it is) journal and database followed immediately by a call to open WER.dll (windows error reporting)

How else do I determine what is causing my load to fail? At the point it fails - flightsim.exe has made no attempt to read any data files in packages or in Community.

Community Folder is empty and Content.xml does not exist before I start the sim.

Raptor
Re: MSFS Milviz_WASM_Helper.exe looks for SimConnect.cfg then CTD

Post by Raptor » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:02 pm

For what plane is this?
Try to uninstall the plane and then reinstall again. Also, try to re-download the plane to make sure you have the latest released version

Slayer
Re: MSFS Milviz_WASM_Helper.exe looks for SimConnect.cfg then CTD

Post by Slayer » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:23 pm

The PC-6 was the only aircraft with the WASM helper ever released and that service has been subsequently removed in later versions. Please check the PC-6 support area and get the latest release .

Return to “Support Forums”