Post by rgerdes » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:08 pm

attached as panel.zip
Attachments
Panel.zip
(1.1 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

JonathanBleeker
Re: Failed to create Render Target

Post by JonathanBleeker » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:24 am

The WX is present as a 2D popup and the warning message is intermittent because you don't always have the Shift+2 panel window open.

Do you have the WXAdvantage from REX or is it only the WX gauge that comes with the Beaver that you are using?

rgerdes

Post by rgerdes » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:21 pm

I don't have any REX and I'm not using the WX gauge. Unless the panel.mv530_430 includes the WX.
I Do Not have the Weather Radar box checked in the Milviz MVAMS.
Maybe it's active even though it's not checked?

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:51 pm

It is present in your panel cfg as a 2D popup. You can try opening that panel cfg and putting a // in front of the gauge entries at lines 30 and 31 to disable it and see if it goes away.

rgerdes

Post by rgerdes » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:41 pm

I'm trying another tact at the moment - I have essentially a clean install of everything as I experienced a ssd crash a while back.
I have a virgin windows 10 fall creators update and P3D v4.1 with only a few tweaks to the Prepar3D.cfg.
NVIDEA drivers are up to date.
I'm using nvidea inspector to tweak the driver and it occured to me I was still using the p3d profile I had set up for p3d v3.

Anyhow one of the settings has to do with"Maximum pre-rendered frames" and I had it set at 1.
Have set it to "Use the 3D application setting" and so far I haven't had the "Failed to create Render Target" error messages.
If it does appear I'll comment out the 2D popup.
Thanks,
Bob

rgerdes

Post by rgerdes » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:47 pm

Just an update:
I did set the pre-rendered frames to "use the 3D application setting" and still had an occasional error.
Then you guys came out with an update and near as I can remember the problem went away - for awhile.
Then Microsoft did their "spector and meltdown" update and think they were back.
Then I upgraded the NVIDEA driver to the latest which supposedly included their spector patch.
Then there was the regular Microsoft "patch tuesday" update.

Haven't had the "Failed to create Render Target" error since - wish I could say what it was that cured it; one or all of the above :)
Bob

Forgot to mention there was also a bios update and a Intel chipset update (both supposedly to fix the spector/meltdown issue) involved during this time frame that could also have had something to do with fixing the problem.

Return to “DHC-2 Spray'n'Play Support Forum”