Doesn't show up after install [Resolved]

brettt777
Doesn't show up after install [Resolved]

Post by brettt777 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:51 am

I purchased the FG-1D for MSFS2020 yesterday and installed it in MSFS2020. It shows up in the community folder like it's suppose to but it does not show up in the simulator. The content manager shows no add-ons installed. What am I doing wrong? I also have the Iron Cross Spitfire and it does the same thing... nothing.

Slayer
Re: Doesn't show up after install

Post by Slayer » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:36 pm

I'm not 100% sure but isn't the content manager only for MS store purchases?

If it's not showing on the aircraft selection screen then there is an issue with your simulator. I'd try putting on dev mode and looking at the monitored locationsa and make sure your community folder is shown.

Are you using any kind of addon manager that makes symbolic links?

brettt777
Re: Doesn't show up after install

Post by brettt777 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:08 pm

Slayer wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:36 pm
I'm not 100% sure but isn't the content manager only for MS store purchases?

If it's not showing on the aircraft selection screen then there is an issue with your simulator. I'd try putting on dev mode and looking at the monitored locationsa and make sure your community folder is shown.

Are you using any kind of addon manager that makes symbolic links?
Okay, after completely uninstalling the sim (probably wasn't necessary) I reinstalled and reinstalled the Corsair, then I went to the world map and when I went to select a different airplane, there it was! So you're probably right, I was just looking in the wrong place. Thanks a bunch. Love the Corsair btw. Beautiful aircraft and flies great too.

Slayer
Re: Doesn't show up after install [Resolved]

Post by Slayer » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:41 pm

Glad you got it sorted. I wish there were better repair options for MSFS as there are in other sims....

Return to “FG-1D Corsair Support Forum”