Issues in new version

farman
Issues in new version

Post by farman » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:01 pm

Hi,
just installed the new update. I encountered two issues:
1) With the very same settings as in the previous version, the steering on the ground is not working properly. In the beginning, when acting on the rudder no moving (of course with the unlocked tail wheel) left or right; but after a while, the plane steer to the left; so I must force the differential brakes to place the plane in the right direction.
2) The cowl flap lever when moved forward at the engine start, doesn't stay in this position, but comes back to the closed cowl (perhaps this is the correct behavior, actually, but not as in the previous version).
I tried to open and re-open the sim just to verify these issues. No changes.
Thanks for any help.
Fulvio

doodlebug
Re: Issues in new version

Post by doodlebug » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:38 pm

The cowl flap lever mouse area is relatively small. Try smaller movements and see if that helps. Keyboard commands will also work if that is easier. (keyboard key (shift + ctrl + C / V )

farman

Post by farman » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:26 pm

Hi,
thanks for your answer; but the worst issue is the not working steering. I really don't know what happened in the new update. I was nearly asking you to send me the link to download the first version.
Fulvio

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:45 pm

Initially, the rudder was controlling the tail wheel. this is incorrect. the reason for the left pull is the torque. This is exactly what happens in the real plane. Big engine... lots of torque. You will have to use differential steering.

farman

Post by farman » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:17 am

Ok, got it.

Michael Felso

Post by Michael Felso » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:15 am

Using version 4.1. tail wheel stays locked and wont caster with tail wheel lock on or off. Only slightly turns when using differential brakes.

Return to “FG-1D Corsair Support Forum”