PITCH INSTABILITY AFTER TAKE OFF

Harvard4
PITCH INSTABILITY AFTER TAKE OFF

Post by Harvard4 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:59 pm

Hello I have issues with the F4-J/K after take off in the pattern at 350 knots and above having cleaned up I cannot trim out in pitch.
The A/C goes nose down even tho I trim nose up and if I attempt a pull up I over stress the A/C easily (Instructor mode on). I have read the forum issues and it appears I am not the only one having this problem. I have flown the Milviz Phantoms ADV since May 2017 and onl;y now have problems
having upgraded to P3D 4.4.16,27077 and purchased the recent tac/adv add-on.
I noticed on the forum that Jonathan Bleeker suggested checking on whether the A/C configuration files had been overwritten by the ADV Add-on,
how to do this? I went to the a/c configuration file on all three versions F4-E, F4E-J/K and noticed that in the flight tuning section there were zeros
under elevator trim effectiveness for the F4-E and F4-J
I have installed these programs as Administrator, AV off, UAC off, P3D excluded from A/V. The only area not conforming is Microsoft Visual C==2015
I have C++2017 and when I try to download the 2015 version it does not allow me too,indicating I have a more recent version.
I get the ADD-ON MENU FOR THE adv A/C ok and the SAS switches work, but the AFCS and Altitude hold switches do not work.
Hoping to get some help

best regards
Harvard4

JonathanBleeker
Re: PITCH INSTABILITY AFTER TAKE OFF

Post by JonathanBleeker » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:40 pm

If you purchased the TACPACK addon for the F-4E then you will need to reinstall your E phantom in the order of Base package->TACPACK->ADV.

The J/S ADV comes combined with TACPACK.

Did you install the repaint package and so overwrite the aircraft CFG?

Harvard4

Post by Harvard4 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:47 pm

Jonathan,
I installed the F4E Base package followed by tacpac and advanced. I did not install the repaint package.

Thank you

Harvard4

Post by Harvard4 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:56 pm

Jonathan,
Further info on problem, when altering elevator trim on the ground I can see the trim gauge position going from full-up to full down and then I set nose down three marks for T/O. I also see the stick moving through full range as the trim moves.The only problem is the trim does not effect flight dynamics.
If I let go of stick the nose drops, if I correct with stick ,even gently, the aircraft oscillates easily and instructor mode message shows exceeded G-Limits.This happens on all three versions ie F4-E, J/S. I have also tried out my other Milviz A/C and the same thing happens with the T-38ADV
version 3.180501 and FG-1Dv1.171026.
I have the Thrustmaster Hotas and I assigned a different joystick buttons to the trim controls but no difference in output.

best regards

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:54 pm

Where are your realism sliders set? Although they shouldn't have much of an effect, can you confirm they are full right?

Also, are you using anything that might turn on the default sim autopilot?

Alvaro

Post by Alvaro » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:27 pm

Also, no external trim or axis intercepting addon should be used.

Ezdok external views addon is not compatible either.

Harvard4

Post by Harvard4 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:06 pm

Hi,
Realism sliders are set full right and I am not using anything that might turn on the default autopilot.The trim is set using MVAMS I am not sure what you mean by external trim or axis intercepting add-on. I do not use Ezdok.
I have assigned two buttons on my Thrustmaster Warthog, one for AFCS and the other for altitude hold and when I engage I see the switches move in the cockpit, however they do not work!
best regards

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:28 pm

Are you using FSUIPC for anything flight control related?

Harvard4

Post by Harvard4 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:02 pm

Hi Jonathan,
Not that I know of.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:55 pm

Are you able to see the trim indicators move while in the air?

Harvard4

Post by Harvard4 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:54 pm

Hi John,
I can see the trim indicators move on the ground and in the air. I can also see the physical trim tabs move on the external view of the A/C on the ground.

thank you

Harvard4

Post by Harvard4 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:10 pm

Hi John,
Just a small correction on the F4-S/J I see the elevator/flying tail move with elev trim application

thanks

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:47 am

And even if you get the trim full nose up in the air it still pitches down?

Harvard4

Post by Harvard4 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:03 pm

Jonathan,
I climb to 9000ft and level off at 450kts put trim full nose up and release stick and A/C goes in to a steep nose down attitude on both the F4-J/S and
F4-E. I have also used same procedure and inverted A/C and released stick and A/C climbs inverted and red-out occurs. If I then rollout and reduce power I can sometimes recover but otherwise the engines quit and generators go of line and instructor message deploy rat occurs.
This whole thing only started when I upgraded to P3D 4.4.16,27077 using the client installer msi upgrade only.
I uninstalled the P3D UPGRADE and reinstalled the upgrade to see if it made any difference to no avail.
I have now tried other non MilViz A/C and I get the same problem so this issue is obviously deeper than I thought.

best regards

Harvard4

Post by Harvard4 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:47 pm

Hi Jonathan,
Problem solved, I re-calibrated my controls and trim functions as it should, sorry for the red herring and thank you for your support.

best regards
Harvard4

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 J/S ADVANCED Support Phorum”