ACLS Question

vlaskinits
ACLS Question

Post by vlaskinits » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:28 am

Hello, I would like to know how to register on the forum, I just recently bought Phantom S / J and would like to ask some questions about its operation. I would like to know whether the automatic landing system on an aircraft carrier (ACLS) has been implemented on it? I asked on the Milviz page on Facebook and they helped me with the information, as I understood from the manual, the automatic landing system on aircraft carriers works through the datalink, and then further control is performed by the aircraft carrier operator. Can you help me with the ACLS and is it possible? I also wanted to ask how to work with Datalink terminal? Thank you in advance for your help.

JonathanBleeker
Re: ACLS Question

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:51 am

I can't recall. I believe it was just a matter of tuning the ILS and turning on the correct autopilot switches as well as enabling the APCS. Also making sure that the ADI/HSI is in the ILS/DT mode. We didn't simulate the datalink panel, as we don't have any info on it.

vlaskinits

Post by vlaskinits » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:17 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:51 am
I can't recall. I believe it was just a matter of tuning the ILS and turning on the correct autopilot switches as well as enabling the APCS. Also making sure that the ADI/HSI is in the ILS/DT mode. We didn't simulate the datalink panel, as we don't have any info on it.
As I understood, I chose channel ILS for automatic approach to the aircraft carrier strip, when approaching the aircraft carrier I had a glide path, then I turned on the APCS and AFCS, but the automation did not work. What have I done wrong? Do I need to include autopilot ALT and COUPLER? Or do you first need to turn on the APSS and only then in the glide path AFSS?

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:00 pm

You do need the coupler

vlaskinits

Post by vlaskinits » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:02 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:00 pm
You do need the coupler
When I press COUPLER the switch, it does not respond, as I understood from the manual when approaching the Carrier, the CPLR ON lamp should turn on, then turn on the CUPLER and turn on the APSS. Did I understand everything correctly?

Before engaging the coupler switch, the stab
aug pitch, roll, and yaw switches and the AFCS
switch must be engaged, and also the CPLR ON
(COUPLER ON) light on the command display indicator must be illuminated. The light indicates that the
displayed command data is suitable for autopilot control.
Last edited by vlaskinits on Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 J/S ADVANCED Support Phorum”