Engine nozzles

HenryW
Engine nozzles

Post by HenryW » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:45 pm

Dear Milviz,

In the F-4S I notice that the engine exhaust nozzles behave in the opposite way than what I would expect and what I observe in the F-4E. When moving the throttle from idle position to MIL power the nozzles open up. When I add afterburner they again close down. This is indicated by the gauges and it corresponds to the outside view. Shouldn't this be the other way around like depicted in the F-4E? Supersonic exhaust flow occurring with AB requires a divergent nozzle, I thought.

Best regards,

Henry

endl3ss
Re: Engine nozzles

Post by endl3ss » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:44 pm

Hmmm, I'm actually seeing the exact same thing, both -J and -S. I also have no afterburner flames visible on those two models. I hear the AB engage in the cockpit, and I can see the speed increase as well as fuel flow increase, but the nozzle moves opposite of what expected, and as mentioned no flames.
My F-4E on the other hand, works just like it is supposed to in this regard. I'm running P3Dv4.5 btw. Haven't installed the latest hotfix yet though, this is with v4.5 before Hotfix 2 (recently released). F-4J/S version is MV_F-4SJ_Phantom_II_vA1.180712_JS, as well as MV_F-4SJ_Phantom_II_TPADV_vA1.180712_JS. Reinstalled in that order as well.

I did try a re-download and uninstall/reinstall on the off-chance that I might have messed up something, AV off, Firewall off during the re-download/reinstall, but no dice.

Any ideas? It has worked in the past on my old P3Dv4.x install, but I haven't flown the J/S after updating to v4.5 I think, so this is a new issue for me.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:58 am

Did you install a repaint package that wiped the aircraft cfg?

endl3ss

Post by endl3ss » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:08 am

I do have add on liveries installed, but I'm pretty sure I did not copy anything but the [fltsim.XX]-part, never the full .cfg-file. And as mentioned, I even did an uninstall/reinstall yesterday, including repaints and such.
I can double check when I get back from work, as I do have some repaints for E/J/S models, and no later than yesterday I noticed a J-model masquerading as an E-model in the vehicle selection menu.
But I'm getting fairly used to installing repaints and such, so wiping the aircraft.cfg is not an error I do (...anymore... :oops: )

endl3ss

Post by endl3ss » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:57 pm

Well I'll be dipped in....

I did YET another uninstall/reinstall, this time being VERY observant about what I did in terms of liveries. For the life of me, I really didn't do anything different than the day before, but for some reason now it works totally ok.
So yeah....all good :)
MV-F-4JS-1.jpg
MV-F-4JS-1.jpg (762.69 KiB) Viewed 969 times

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 J/S ADVANCED Support Phorum”