Cannot install completely

steve.m.nagy
Cannot install completely

Post by steve.m.nagy » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:28 pm

Hello all,

I am having issue installing this product, i have followed the recommended steps, disabled A/V suite, Run as Admin. But when it gets to MVAM it chokes says no access to module.

JonathanBleeker
Re: Cannot install completely

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:40 pm

That's not an install error. That's an error when the installer tries to run the MVAMS, and it is for a completely different product (The FG-1D Corsair). It is indeed installing successfully if it gets to opening the MVAMS

steve.m.nagy

Post by steve.m.nagy » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:02 pm

This response makes me sad I bought your products. never again.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:34 pm

I don’t understand? I pointed out that it installed successfully and that the error you are getting is for a different product. I will be happy to help resolve it in that product’s support forum.

steve.m.nagy

Post by steve.m.nagy » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:31 pm

because your response did not help me, and frankly was off putting, basically all i got was "not my product",you have MVAM packaged with your F-4 J/S, I as a user do not care that the F-4 files are installed if the app you use to manage it does not work, and not my fault your product hates I have another of your products installed. but instead of saying we will help works this out, and point me to resources(I looked for MVAM support forums i did not see), all i got was its installed correctly

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:58 am

Your pardon, I wasn’t able to look at it in further detail at the time, so I did what I could which was correct the perception that the installer was failing.

Looking at it further, it appears something is claiming exclusive access to your joystick hardware. Do you have any programs running that have any connection to your joystick/throttle?

steve.m.nagy

Post by steve.m.nagy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:49 pm

at first glance all i have running before any of my sims is simshaker, but i will take a look see if something else is running

steve.m.nagy

Post by steve.m.nagy » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:05 pm

Thank You for pointing me in the right direction, no software was connected to hardware, ended up being an old Saitek keyboard i had in my sim pit, MVAM did not seem to like it, replaced with a dell i had laying around and now i am able to use product. also as a side note had to install FG-1D after installing F-4 J/S or MVAM would blow up, maybe just my machine but thought i would tell you

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 J/S ADVANCED Support Phorum”