Some questions about the J/S ADV.

jacquespinniped
Some questions about the J/S ADV.

Post by jacquespinniped » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:25 am

I have just a couple of questions regarding my recent purchase of the J/S and ADV addon.

First, I’m using P3Dv4,
I’ve installed both the base and ADV as an admin,
I always start with a default P3Dv4 aircraft at Default Friday Harbor before loading any more advanced aircraft.

First, Are flat tires physically rendered in the sim? I had a hard landing recently and noticed in the external view that the tires appeared to be submerged in the tarmac and that NWS was no longer available when activated. My notion is this is “Yes”, but I just want to be certain I don’t have another issue!

I also noticed that the variable exhaust vanes appear to work opposite to their design -closing down when afterburner is activated and opening up under normal thrust increase. I’ve uninstalled and re-installed the base model and ADV to see if it was an install error, but it is persistent. Are others seeing this, or is it just me?

Finally, I cannot seem to load directly into the -S version without P3Dv4 closing to the desktop. I CAN load into the -J and then load into the -S. Is this normal, or should I be able to load into either one directly? Again, a couple of uninstalls and re-installs and this seems to be a persistent issue.

I really love this aircraft so far but, if the above are problems, I’d like to sort them out!

JP

Alvaro
Re: Some questions about the J/S ADV.

Post by Alvaro » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:09 am

Tires: probably your hard landing caused a tires blowout and hence they were flat. After that, the directional control is affected and reduced. So yes, it's a feature.

Exhaust nozzles: the nozzles will close near the MIL rpms and will start open, progressively, in the afterburner region. How much?, all depends on several factors as altitude, mach, etc. Only at idle they should be fully opened.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:29 am

If P3D is closing to desktop, need the windows error report. Should be under start menu->search->Event Viewer->Windows logs->Application

jacquespinniped

Post by jacquespinniped » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:20 pm

Hi JB,

Thanks for the reply and explanation on the afterburner characteristics.

As far as the -S crashing P3D...of course, I can’t replicate it this morning after crashing consistently yesterday. Thanks for letting me know what I need to send you if I ever encounter similar problems again!

-S loaded, I’m off to generate noise complaints in Southern California!😂

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 J/S ADVANCED Support Phorum”