F4 J/S red target reticule misaligned

RyanF4
F4 J/S red target reticule misaligned

Post by RyanF4 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:33 pm

I have just purchased both the f4E and f4S/J and have been enjoying them immensely. I have noticed one potential issue that only occurs with the S/J variants. The red target reticule is appears to be misaligned. I am no sure if this is my bad doing and am not sure if this is intentional and accurate to this phantom. I only noticed this because the f4E seems to be fine including the reticule which is not misaligned. It is hard to tell my bank using the reticule due to the misalignment. I am using FSX:SE. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Redicule.jpg
Redicule.jpg (332.75 KiB) Viewed 1026 times

JonathanBleeker
Re: F4 J/S red target reticule misaligned

Post by JonathanBleeker » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:44 pm

I don't think the reticle is used to show you your bank angle. As I recall that part is actually the flight director, ie same as the vertical bar on your ADI.

RyanF4

Post by RyanF4 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:10 pm

Ok. But this is how the aircraft loads in its default state and I have not programed anything. On the F4E the "FD" is set to a straight and level attitude marking. On the F4S/J it is set to a heading to the north. Again I haven't programed anything so I'm not sure why its like this. How can I set it to a straight and level attitude?

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:49 pm

Its been a long time since I flew this bird, I'm not sure you can, other than putting a waypoint in or changing the heading bug position.

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 J/S ADVANCED Support Phorum”