tobinweb101
Problem: Unable to start engine manually or via strg+E

Post by tobinweb101 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:04 am

Aircraft: DHC-3Otter
Sim platform: FSX: Steam Edition
Operating system: Win10
Purchased 9-29-2027

Problem: Unable to start engine manually or via strg+E

Inconsistencies: engine controls prop/mixture can be moved by joystick and mouse; however, power lever cannot be moved.
The generator light remains on. it’s as though the plane is choking for gasoline the appropriate tank is turned on.
Don’t have same problems with other payable software.

Too, unable to either (1) change back to Otter using another single engine aircraft that has running engine as FSX crashes; or (2) to switch from Otter to Milviz Beaver or any other plane as FSX crashes.

Additional Notes:
• Situation remains unchanged after several re-installations with Admin on.
• I did not temporarily disable your anti-virus program during the download process. I don’t do that with other payables and those planes work just fine.
• My system meets the sim's requirements got FSX?

Also, and similar to just downloaded Milviz Beaver, I unable also to use Milviz Addon Management System, though at least I now get a pictures of both planes so that is progress – I think!

This is a great plane...hope you can provide a solution for my situation.

Tom Tobin
MilViz Newbie

Slayer
Re: Problem: Unable to start engine manually or via strg+E

Post by Slayer » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:06 pm

Being unable to move a lever with a mouse is again an XMLTools issue. Lots of things will not work.

You don't have access to the Otter support area because apparently you have 2 support forum accounts with different email addresses - the other one does.

If you would like I can combine your support access to one of the accounts and close the other , just let me know which one. (one is aol the other is gmail)

Now that you have 2 MV products with similar problems I am almost certain your sim or at least your dll.xml is corrupted.

Toto-Free

Post by Toto-Free » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:57 am

Hello Steve I saw this post in your support forums and I have the same problem. My DHC3 Beaver which I bought yesterday through ORBX Central does not start up The fuel booster switch when I click it on does not work. So the plane is not getting any fuel. I know what you are going to say is that the dll file is corrupt. I know this through experience in dealing with Milviz products. I have been one of Milviz;s earliest customers Anyway how do I go about getting a new dll file so that my plane will work. My name is David Wright and my email address is totofree1@gmail.com. Ask Collin about me he knows me well. My sim is P3dv4.5 and my OP is Windows 11. Thank you

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:51 am

Please download, unzip and install this.
Screenshot any error messages and post it here.

https://milviz.sharepoint.com/:u:/s/Gen ... w?e=ArMdG7

If your DLL.XML is corrupted I will need to see a copy of what you have, You can google how to find it on your P3D installation.

Return to “DHC-3 Otter Support Forum”