How do I start it in FSX:SE

federico.bellato
How do I start it in FSX:SE

Post by federico.bellato » Sun May 10, 2020 8:43 pm

Hi,
I've been reading various topics in this forum, and tried them all. But this plane just doesn't want to start. The xml is ok, I even tried reinstalling it with the script I found on the forums (but it says I have no FSX...). The plane works. If I shut it down and try to restart it, it works 50% of times. I see that the fuel pressure doesn't increase with the fuel pump on. I switch it off and try again and it works. What can I do?

Thanks
Federico

doodlebug
Re: How do I start it in FSX:SE

Post by doodlebug » Sun May 10, 2020 8:50 pm

What happens if you select the 'current condition' option?

federico.bellato

Post by federico.bellato » Sun May 10, 2020 9:04 pm

I shut it down, first attempt I heard the noise, but no pressure, off and on again, it worked. I tried again another couple of times and it worked at the first attempt

federico.bellato

Post by federico.bellato » Mon May 11, 2020 8:41 pm

Hi there, any ideas about this...?

Thanks
Federico

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Mon May 11, 2020 10:15 pm

i really want to know if you select the current conditions option, if the sim will load running. If so, this will narrow down the possibilities

federico.bellato

Post by federico.bellato » Tue May 12, 2020 12:10 am

And I replied to you yesterday ;)
federico.bellato wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 9:04 pm
I shut it down, first attempt I heard the noise (edit:the pump's noise) , but no pressure, off and on again, it worked. I tried again another couple of times and it worked at the first attempt
When the plane loads (let's say the flight, because I choose it from within main FSX screen) everything's fine, engine is running. Then I did what i wrote above.

Cheers

federico.bellato

Post by federico.bellato » Mon May 18, 2020 8:44 pm

Hi Osh,
so after a few attempts, it seems to be working now. I deleted the old saved-flight for cold and dark and made again the procedure, as per the .pdf in the Milviz folder. I used the Otter a few times these days, the fuel pump worked flawlessly each time. It seems I solved it

Cheers
Fede

P.S. This plane is just FANTASTIC!! I love it more than the Beaver! The sounds are superb!!

Return to “DHC-3 Otter Support Forum”