otter not responding [Resolved]

polar_star2003
otter not responding [Resolved]

Post by polar_star2003 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:27 pm

Forgot to include important subject matter.
Hello again,
I purchased the MilViz DHC-2 Beaver on 6/19/2021 and liked it so much that I decided to plop down another 40 bucks for the DHC-3 Otter. Little did I know that this version of the plane would not work properly with FSX- SP-2 w/Acceleration / Win 10, as the product description indicates. The product description also failed to mention that this A/C does not have a “Ready to fly” option in the Milviz NVAMS configuration app. However the product description clearly states: “Choose to fly the Otter by the book, or simply jump in and fly, your choice!”
Have researched the forums for a solution to the dreaded “dll.xml not found” problem with the Otter and discovered that it actually requires a manual instruction change to the registry. When I bought the product it was with the understanding that it would work upon installation as the DHC-2 Beaver had. If I had known that I would have to finish coding the software to make it work, I would not have purchased it. Messing with the registry could brick my box instantly. The box is a Dell Alienware R-11, AMD Ryzen 9 3950X w/ NVIDIA RTX 2080Ti.
Have however been trying diligently for a week now to get the product to work to no avail. Have looked for the dll.xml file in all the suggested locations (hidden files, etc) but unable to locate. Not surprising considering that win 10 has roughly 3 billion lines of code. Have also uninstalled/reinstalled several times and still no joy.
So was wondering, seeing as I have spent $80.00 for two aircraft with only one that actually works, if we could work out a deal? If you would authorize me a download of an additional package, either the DHC-3T Turbo Otter or The Bushpounder Special DHC-2 & DHC-3 Combo, I would consider that a fair compromise. I much prefer an A/C with the “Ready to fly” option so if neither of these two suggested substitute downloads has that option then we should try something else.

Main technical issues with the otter:
A/c starts in simulator with engine running no matter the selected start up state selected in NVAMS. In 3d cockpit, throttle, prop and mixture controls are static cartoons, they do not respond to joystick or mouse input. Engine dies within one minute of loading/initiating in the sim and can not be restarted. Looks bitching on the tarmac, it’s a shame that’s all it does. No problems whatsoever with the Beaver.

Hope to hear back from you with a solution soon. Thanks.

DL

doodlebug
Re: otter not responding

Post by doodlebug » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:36 pm

Try running the XMLTools installer once more?

https://milviz.sharepoint.com/:u:/s/Dev ... w?e=ddrHZ6

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:32 pm

Also please make sure that you are running MVAMS as an admin or the settings may not get saved due to permissions issues.

polar_star2003

Post by polar_star2003 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:47 pm

Thanks guys. Will give those suggestions a try. Will report back when I know something.
Attachments
pWWwRHI.jpg
pWWwRHI.jpg (44.53 KiB) Viewed 1213 times

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:36 pm

LOL

polar_star2003

Post by polar_star2003 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:04 pm

Sorry for the long delay. It’s been hotter than blazes here in the Northwest recently so haven’t fired up the R-11 for a couple of weeks. It’s a dedicated machine, just for flight simming. The way I have layered FS Genesis, UTX, GEX, and REX, it actually looks better, in some respects, than MSFS 2020. I enjoy flying low and slow over Alaska the Himalaya's, etc.
Anyway, I am pleased to report that upon installation of the provided xml tools for fsx patch, that all is now working as it should with the DHC-3 Otter. Many thanks to your technical support people and the forum members for their help.
Military Visualizations, your aircraft are truly awesome. Please keep up the good work and thanks again for all the help.
Last edited by polar_star2003 on Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:10 pm

Thanks for letting us know it was resolved.

Return to “DHC-3 Otter Support Forum”