door operation on Otter

av8erjm
door operation on Otter

Post by av8erjm » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:04 pm

I've had the Otter for about a week now and have read the Doc/manual twice now. Problem or question is I can't seem to replicate the opening the cargo doors and access door on the other side in the passenger compartment shown in the screenshots on the website. Now I've learned that the passenger compartment was dropped out due to fps and wondering if maybe that's is connected to that. Maybe in a update could program the doors to open using the shift+E+number sequence. I'm not a programmer just a pilot both in sim and real life. Still learning about flying this beast

Merlin59
Re: door operation on Otter

Post by Merlin59 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:01 pm

Are you setting to near the fuel pumps? That will keep the doors from opening. Usually they will open then close immediately if you are. Hope that helps.

av8erjm

Post by av8erjm » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:48 pm

No just sitting on the tarmac, no fuel pumps, I can use shift+e to open the left cockpit door and use the mouse to open the right side door in the cockpit, but can not figure out how to open the cargo doors in the passenger/cargo compartment or the access door back there on the right side. I read somewhere that the camera views in the passenger compartment were dropped to help fps and was just wondering if the doors opening were tied into that. I assumed the doors were operational, because the screenshots on the web site showed them open. I know it's silly, I am a sucker for eye candy

Taguilo

Post by Taguilo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Hi,

Tested all versions and Both Pax/Cargo doors open with SHIFT+E+3 and SHIFT+E+4.

Perhaps you have those combinations captured by FSUIPC or something? Please check.

Tomas

av8erjm

Post by av8erjm » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:57 am

OK I guess I owe an apology, don't know why the shirt +e+ number wasn't working before, but it's working now in all set ups and aircraft. Sorry to waste anyone's time, Color me embarassed

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:17 pm

Possibly because you tried all three keys at once?
The correct steps are:
  1. Press Shift+E
  2. Release keys
  3. Press # for door (2, 3, or 4)
Last edited by N4GIX on Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:10 am

Ctrl+E starts engines. Shift+E is the doors command

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:20 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:Ctrl+E starts engines. Shift+E is the doors command
That's what happens when I type too fast and haven't drunk enough coffee! Fixed now. :lol:

av8erjm

Post by av8erjm » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:47 pm

another quirk I noticed yesterday, was comparing flight between, the beaver n' otter and when switching between the door operation worked fine on the beaver, but switch to the otter and the shift+e+number would just keep opening the pilot door no matter which number keyed. So just for giggles closed out FSX completely and started again went right straight to the otter and my default airport and tried the door operation and everything worked perfect, all four doors opened as advertised. Not a big thing, just thought I'd pass it along. Still learning about the otter, but it's coming along. Thanks for all the ideas n' vectors

Tobus

Post by Tobus » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:13 pm

I find that the back doors on the Otter, linked to shift-E + 3 and 4, do work from fresh start, but after a while for some reason do not anymore.
I have no clue. Will work again after fresh start of the sim only, or sometimes again "out of the blue". I'm on p3dv43 btw.

garrylundberg

Post by garrylundberg » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:08 am

Does your system meet the sim's requirements?
YES
Did you temporarily disable your anti-virus program during the download process?
YES
Before installing did you disable UAC. (User Account Control)?
YES
Did you install, and are you running the sim as an admin?
YES
Before running the sim did you make sure the FSX/P3D directory is off limits to any AV scanning?
YES
Does your system have the required distributables?
YES
Is your video card DX11 compatible?
YES
If applicable, did you disable any FSX to P3D migration tools (like Estonia) before running the sim?
YES
Are you using an aircraft other than a Milviz one as your default aircraft?
YES
Have you installed in the root sim directory?
YES
Do you have the appropriate SimConnect libraries installed?
YES

Aircraft: DHC-3 Otter
Sim platform: P3D v.4
Operating system: Win10
Version: 171229
Unique ticket identifier: 6F6AD05B-D1AD-E348-37E3-0EA0AE3B43A9

New to the Otter and have similar problem with doors 2, 3 & 4 and did not see a reply to last inquiry.

When I start a flight all doors work normally...once I turn off the Chocks & Anchors...but then when I land I can not open doors 2, 3 & 4. If I try door doors 2, 3 & 4...#1 just keeps cycling. Tried with both Chocks & Anchors on and off but no difference. I do not have FSUIPC, not parked next to Fuel Pump and know how to do the Shift + E + (number) sequence...(note I said they work normally at start of flight). Otherwise aircraft works as it should.

Please advise how to fix.

Thanks.

jarek

Post by jarek » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:02 am

I have the same issue since upgrade to P3Dv4.3. Somehow this seems to be related... Everything is just fine when Otter is loaded to sim and something happens between engine startup procedure and 'ready to taxi' checkpoint. Then it is not possible to operate doors other than front left.
In one case full a/c shutdown procedure helped, in other it did not.
It is not possible to determine root cause now, I need to spend more time on this with more extensive list of checkpoints.

Taguilo

Post by Taguilo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:20 am

Hi,

I have a suspect on what could be making trouble with the doors.
I'll check and let you know.

Thanks!

Tomas

jarek

Post by jarek » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:51 pm

Well, it seems to be quite tricky to reproduce. This time I did a door check (close&open) after each checklist item till ready to taxi and it worked perfectly ... Will also let you know if I find something.

jarek

Post by jarek » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:35 pm

No useful news on this topic. As it looks random for me, it is part of the fun. Broken door = cancelled flight.
Other finding is that if you try to repair problem by loading the same airplane in sim, it will crash within few minutes, so it is required to restart completely.

Return to “DHC-3 Otter Support Forum”