Also unable to start Otter after installation

gerhardecker
Also unable to start Otter after installation

Post by gerhardecker » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:25 pm

I have Windows 8.1 and FSX Accel. incl. SP2
I did put a check in the box for .NET3.5 Framework{ including 2.0 and 3.0} before installing the package on Windows 8.1.
As soon as I select any DHC3 Otter version I get the error message "MV_WX.dll incompatible with this simulator"
and FSX does not show any more reaction!
Is there any fix available?
Regards Gerhard
Attachments
Milviz.png
Milviz.png (1.62 MiB) Viewed 560 times

doodlebug
Re: Also unable to start Otter after installation

Post by doodlebug » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:44 pm

This issue has been resolved in the Latest installer : MilViz_DHC-3_Otter_171229

gerhardecker

Post by gerhardecker » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:03 am

Latest Installer fixed this issue!
Thank you for your kind support.
Regards Gerhard

jeffh

Post by jeffh » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:19 pm

I am having similar issues in that it will not run. The difference here is that I am using P3dv4. I will keep looking, but is there any solutions on here that address P3D vs FSX? I can get the engine started using Cntl E and it runs for about 30 seconds. It will not start after that point. Also, throttle and prop dont move. The throttle input on my flight yoke seems to be working and I cannot tell with the prop. I have a fairly new machine that runs all the latest software (PMDG, Aerosoft, Orbx, etc., just fine, so I doubt it is a hardware issue. I also reviewed all of the admin rights, etc. and have followed those. Have installed and re-installed twice.
I will keep digging, any information anyone might have would be much appreciated.

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:27 pm

Please go through the steps outlined here before posting

jeffh

Post by jeffh » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:52 am

I have tried everything and it all looks up to and in agreement with what was posted in the check list steps. I am not 100% up on things like simconnect, but found it and ran it. One thing I noticed was that I do not have any oil or fuel pressure. Also, the raw button in FSUIPC is not checked on my system.
Follow up - I was able to reset it to cold and dark and was able to get the fuel pressure to rise with the boost pump. I noticed the starter does not seem to work. If I Cntrl E it, I loose all pressure in the fuel and oil. I will keep fiddling with it.
Last edited by jeffh on Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:58 am

You MUST assign prop to to prop1. The same goes for the other inop lever. This stuff is in the manual. (verify that Osh... if not, then it should be... on page one)

The reason the other stuff isn't working is because XMLTools is not installed properly.

jeffh

Post by jeffh » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:13 am

I did the assignment to prop 1 although I cannot say I understood that. You are talking about in the axis assignments in the options menu? They are set to "engine 1 prop axis and engine 1 throttle axis." I don't have anything that says "prop1".
I re-ran the xmltools and again it says it installed correctly.
Page 1 of the manual does not help me - I do not have a "control" tab like the example. Just load, radios, state and visual.

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:32 pm

Are you up and running now?
To clarify: the prop assignment is made via the P3D options menu.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:03 pm

I'm running into this problem myself although it is in P3D v4.1. In talks with Tomas about it.

jeffh

Post by jeffh » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:52 am

Unfortunately, I am not seeing what you are saying. I am using (P3dv4.1.7.22841) and under - options - controls - axis assignments - "engine 1 propeller axis" is selected. There is no "prop 1". There are one of these for up to 4 engines or as I originally had it set up, the "propeller axis" option only (typically the way I have it set up). Messing with these has made no difference. Also, I mentioned earlier that the start switch does not work either. If I use Cntrl+E to start the engine (my only option), the oil and fuel pressures drop to 0 and the engine quits after a 15-30 seconds. The throttle will not map either, but does seem to work when the engine is briefly running.

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:34 pm

Did you see this post:For those experiencing startup problems?
Let us know if this helps.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:45 pm

When we say "prop 1" we mean the "engine 1 propeller axis" as it is described in the controls menu.

Just to verify, does the engine quit after reaching around 500 RPM?

jeffh

Post by jeffh » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:27 pm

I will look at both of these tonight. As far as the engine running question about rpm, I have been able to take off (on the runway and right after getting it started with Cntrl+E)) and climb to 500-1000 feet before the engine fails. I was simply doing some tests to see what I could do and not do. Again, thank you for the help to date. I have always wanted a good representation of this plane (one of my favorites) and I hope to get it running.

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:28 pm

You’re not putting g throttles to max are you?

Return to “DHC-3 Otter Support Forum”