DHC-3 Throttle & Prop don't Move in Virtual CP

RJSAGEL
DHC-3 Throttle & Prop don't Move in Virtual CP

Post by RJSAGEL » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:14 pm

Hello,

I have a brand new DHC-3 installed. My throttle and prop controls do not move in the virtual cockpit. I use a CH Quadrant and it works for the other Milviz aircraft displays.

However, the sim control of the throttle via the Quadrant controls is functioning. I can throttle up and down correctly but the display does not respond.

I can fly the new bird (great sim!) but cannot see the controls move.

BTW - the mixture control does display correctly.

Cheers,

Ron Sagel

lranker31
Re: DHC-3 Throttle & Prop don't Move in Virtual CP

Post by lranker31 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:26 pm

I too have this exact same problem. I am using a Virtual Fly TQ6 Throttle control, and on all other MilViz aircraft I have, the throttle display works properly. However, it does not move just as the above customer described, in version of the DHC-3 virtual cockpit on my system either. This is in P3D v 4.1

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:45 pm

Assign prop1

hawkdsl

Post by hawkdsl » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:29 pm

I'm having the same problem. I have the Saik. Pro Throttles.. 2 of them for twin ops.

In FSX controls;

SPT1 is set up as;
Lever 1 - throttle 1
Lever 2 - throttle 2
Lever 3 - Engine 1 prop.

SPT2 is set up as;
Lever 1 - Engine 2 prop
Lever 2 - Engine 1 mixture
Lever 3 - Engine 2 mixture.

In FSUIPC/Joystick Cal ; all controls are set without reverse.

When I try to assign the throttle axis to the throttle 1, the stick will move in large steps, and the power is all over the place. Same as the prop. Mixture moves fine, but it has no effect on the mixture...

Actually, is it possible to get a refund?

Thanks.

Does your system meet the sim's requirements? YES
Did you temporarily disable your anti-virus program during the download process? YES
Before installing did you disable UAC. (User Account Control)? YES
Did you install, and are you running the sim as an admin? YES
Before running the sim did you make sure the FSX/P3D directory is off limits to any AV scanning? YES
Does your system have the required distributables? YES
Is your video card DX11 compatible? YES
If applicable, did you disable any FSX to P3D migration tools (like Estonia) before running the sim? YES
Are you using an aircraft other than a Milviz one as your default aircraft? YES
Have you installed in the root sim directory? YES
Do you have the appropriate SimConnect libraries installed? YES

Aircraft: DHC-3 Otter
Sim platform: FSX + Acceleration
Operating system: Win7
Version: 171229
Unique ticket identifier: 139677D7-972B-95D4-1BC6-205C67976476

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:06 pm

Unless there’s something horribly wrong with the product, no. This has to do with your setup and not our product. Sorry.

sunjunkiesi

Post by sunjunkiesi » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:15 pm

Sounds to me like you have not set up your delta properly in FSUIPC. It works just fine on my system and in fact the throttle is super sensitive, but then I have set my delta to 1.

hawkdsl

Post by hawkdsl » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:31 am

Krazycolin wrote:Unless there’s something horribly wrong with the product, no. This has to do with your setup and not our product. Sorry.
Actually, my set up works just fine with 50 other aircraft I have.. and it looks like I'm not the only one who had this problem.

I'm not going to use the plane, and would like a refund.

Thanks.

hawkdsl

Post by hawkdsl » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:33 am

sunjunkiesi wrote:Sounds to me like you have not set up your delta properly in FSUIPC. It works just fine on my system and in fact the throttle is super sensitive, but then I have set my delta to 1.

I spent 8 hours trying to get the plane to work through FSUIPC over two days... including all that you mentioned.

It's just not worth that much trouble, sorry.

hawkdsl

Post by hawkdsl » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:32 am

Ok, I got the plane to work, but maybe the Milviz people could explain why this planes throttle/mixture/prop. is so different then anything else out there.

My throttle still will not move, but at least it works, so I can deal with that. My Prop is still wanky.. but it is what it is. Here are the screens of what I set so far, any ideas welcome.

setting prop to prop1 does not work at all. setting it to prop set, at least it works, but it jumps allot, and takes a bit of work to get it to settle to a constant speed.
Setting throttle to throttle set does not work, but will move the stick in the sim. Setting it to throttle 1 it works smoothly, but the stick wont move.

Mixture works fine without having to do anything.

FSXA/Win7/Saik Pro Throttles

sunjunkiesi

Post by sunjunkiesi » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:17 am

Your problem is very clear to me. You have set these as "send to FS axis" and not as FSUIPC axis. You should untick the button "send to FS as normal axis" and change it to "send direct to FSUIPC calibration". You will then be able to set these as the correct axis.

sunjunkiesi

Post by sunjunkiesi » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:19 am

ps you should also make sure you do not have ANY axis set up in FSX/P3Ds control system.

hawkdsl

Post by hawkdsl » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:12 pm

sunjunkiesi wrote:ps you should also make sure you do not have ANY axis set up in FSX/P3Ds control system.
That doesn't work, in fact it makes it worse. (removing any axis, and setting FSUIPC to FSUIPC calibration)

Throttle wont allow anything below 21 map

Well, it was worth a try I guess. Thanks for the help anyway.
:(

sunjunkiesi

Post by sunjunkiesi » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:36 pm

In that case you didn't calibrate it. FSUIPC is deceptively hard to use well, and you must MUST read the manual to get the most out of it.

hawkdsl

Post by hawkdsl » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:28 am

sunjunkiesi wrote:In that case you didn't calibrate it. FSUIPC is deceptively hard to use well, and you must MUST read the manual to get the most out of it.
Nope that's not it either. They have some funky throttle thing going on... probably in an attempt to cover all FSX sims (FSX/PD/STEAM).

Anyway.. not assigning anything to the throttle, it works but wont move in VC.. and that's not important anyway.. that's what the MAP gauge is for.

The prop wont work at all that way, and you either have to move it with mouse, or keyboard keys. Using FSUIPC, and assigning it
to Prop1 in the Axis tab solves this 100%.. both in function and movement.

The Mixture has no problem at all.

Aside from the funky throttle/prop thing (which should have some words about it in the manual), it's a pretty cool plane. I do wish they had included the PAX area though.

--
Does this also happen with the Beaver? Anyone?
--

Hds

Zigarten

Post by Zigarten » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:37 pm

I have to spend time on this too, once I finally get the dll issue sorted, (3 weeks now) If you can bear the wrath of Pete D you could check on his site for input?

Return to “DHC-3 Otter Support Forum”