UNABLE TO START

woodhick803
UNABLE TO START

Post by woodhick803 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:23 pm

Does your system meet the sim's requirements? YES
Did you temporarily disable your anti-virus program during the download process? YES
Before installing did you disable UAC. (User Account Control)? YES
Did you install, and are you running the sim as an admin? YES
Before running the sim did you make sure the FSX/P3D directory is off limits to any AV scanning? YES
Does your system have the required distributables? YES
Is your video card DX11 compatible? YES
If applicable, did you disable any FSX to P3D migration tools (like Estonia) before running the sim? YES
Are you using an aircraft other than a Milviz one as your default aircraft? YES
Have you installed in the root sim directory? YES
Do you have the appropriate SimConnect libraries installed? YES

Aircraft: DHC-3 Otter
Sim platform: P3D v.2
Operating system: Win7
Version: 171229
Unique ticket identifier: B94C3457-968A-FC69-2358-987FAF98E1C8

Before going into other specifics please note the following exceptions to the above info:
1> I have only C++ versions installed from 2005 to 2013 inclusive. I tried installing v2015 a year (approx)ago but was unable to get an install. Probably because I had turned off Windows updates because I did not want to switch to W-10
2>I find my SIM1.DLL listed as build 2.5.12945
3>I never noted a second window (installer) open to install the XML tools when installing the Otter.

Now my problem: I cannot get the Otter started, even using cntrl/e. Additionally I cannot move the throttle, the prop control or the fuel emergency cut off (not sure if that one should even work). The mixture lever does work OK nor does the rudder although the other control surfaces do operate properly. All controls are CH products and my Baron works correctly. The momentary contact starter does not seem to work either. I don't think the XML tools installed at all. I never saw a second installation window open.

When I say the controls do not work, I mean when using the CH controllers. They all move properly using the click & drag method.

I am unable to find an XMLTOOLS.DLL FILE in the main root folder of my sim nor can I find it listed in the USERS>NAME>APP DATA file path, although I can find a dll.xml.bak file.

Hope this sin't too much of an incoherent mess. Thanks for your patience.

Taguilo
Re: UNABLE TO START

Post by Taguilo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:17 pm

Hi,
Please run this installer. Then check if XMLTools3D is present in P3D root folder.
Then please do a search of DLL.XML, edit ALL of the files found (if more than one) and add:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLTools3D</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>XMLTools3D.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

Hope this helps.

Tomas
Attachments
xmltools3dv2 installer.zip
(311.66 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

woodhick803

Post by woodhick803 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:56 pm

The only problem I now have is finding time to fly my Otter. I do have a very small item however-the throttle in the cockpit does not move when the CH throttle is moved. However the airplane responds properly in all other respects. Thanks much.

csobrien195

Post by csobrien195 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:03 pm

I am having the same problems as stated above, however, I am using FSX Steam Edition. I am also using CH Products controls. Is there anything I need to do in order to make this work? When installing I have a readme file that says P3D v2 not installed for XMLTools, however, I was able to install the aircraft on a different computer and it works perfectly.

Taguilo

Post by Taguilo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:25 am

Hi,

For FSX:STEAM version, please try this installer:
XMLTools FSX-SE Installer.zip
(420.75 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

Thanks!

Return to “DHC-3 Otter Support Forum”