Non start & other problems

xchrisjd1941
Non start & other problems

Post by xchrisjd1941 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:11 am

System is Win 7 Home i5-6400 16g RAM 64bit OS, Card is a GE Force GTX750ti card D3D 11
Problems. Cessna 172 is default & Ready to Fly - all working. Select your DHC 3 Turbo Otter. First is a box 'MV_WX.dll is incompatible with this computer' - OK. DHC3 loads with the engine NOT running. 4 lights on panel. The control column does not move with the joystick - but ailerons & elevators do move. The rudder pedals also do not move - but neither does the rudder. The trim wheel does not move. The throttle lever does not move with the joystick, the mouse or the keyboard. The propeller & condition levers do move. Try to start the engine from the panel - all ignition on heater on. Starter on - the 4 lights dim, but nothing else happens - all engine dials remain at zero & obviously no prop movement. Don't forget, this is with the default Cessna RTF. The same happens with a cold & dark Cessna, a RTF Carenado Caravan & a 2004 BAC 1-11 - all of which are RTF from the Cessna. Good old Ctrl-E does nothing. Engine dead - but electrics & instruments OK. On exiting FSX I get a fatal error & FSX tries to restart.
Your Beaver loaded & ran perfectly from the start.
Help required!!!

xchrisjd1941
Re: Non start & other problems

Post by xchrisjd1941 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:14 am

Forgot to add - latest hot fix applied Also anti virus paused when loading- removed earlier version before applying new fix.

xchrisjd1941

Post by xchrisjd1941 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:22 am

Was trying to remember everything - sim is FSX SE!

Chuck Jodry

Post by Chuck Jodry » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:04 pm

Hello , please try setting up a flight from the free flight menu , loading from a default flight in a Cessna will initialize the sim with its fuel and engine parameters when the Turbine engine profile gets loaded , this confounds the sims fuel logic.

First run the MVAMS and set it to current condition so that it will load running and see if the dlls load properly when it boots up , at this point you should be able to set up and save a flight from your location of choice .

Please add the contents of the attached zip file to the panel folder and report if that does rectify the error .

It may be elements were not installed due to Norton having sent them to quarantine, in any event please try the above to set up a flight .

Will check in later to see how it went

Best CJ
Attachments
MV_WX_DHC2-3_SE.zip
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 34 times

xchrisjd1941

Post by xchrisjd1941 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:56 pm

Hi Chuck,

Well, we are about a quarter better! The MV .dll notice has gone. I used my RealAir Turbine Duke as the free flight one. The Otter loaded & the prop was actually spinning. The control column still does not move, but the ailerons & elevators do. The trim wheel doesn't move. The rudder pedals don't move, nor the rudder but the tailwheel does move with the joystick input. The throttle still doesn't move but does increase the rpm. The ITT needle is stuck on zero. The aircraft taxies like a waddling pig. To take off you have to be very careful with the throttle & it will take off - just. However it was almost impossible to control in the air & lasted about 15 secs before stalling & nose diving into the ground. The elevators appear to be up at rest. There seemed to be smoke coming from the engine & the wheels were turning with the aircraft stationary. I tried again with the Turbine Duke but when I loaded the Otter it crashed immediately. Followed by a fatal error which crashed FSX.
I think there could be something wrong!! I use Kaspersky as my virus protection & it was paused while I installed the Otter. Any thoughts?

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:16 pm

You have to pause while downloading and installing and also, disable scanning your sim directory

xchrisjd1941

Post by xchrisjd1941 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:07 pm

Sorry - I thought I was clear that I paused my Kaspersky anti virus both while I un-installed & then re- installed the latest version of the Otter. I do not understand about disabling scanning my sim directory. This has not been a problem with any other aircraft I have downloaded & there have been a few - including recently your DHC2 Beaver & Spray add on.

Regards,
Chris

Chuck Jodry

Post by Chuck Jodry » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:32 pm

There are evidently issues with the requisite gauge set not being loaded, can we have screen capture of the panel folder or a list of its contents please ?

The other item is writing the dll.xml might not have happened ,Location is > C:\Users\(Your Windows Account Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX < ,, any chance you can verify that xmltools has been run during the installation ? , these can be affected by AV programs as well and one of the reasons excluding the FSX folder from Scans is common , "owning " that folder is also an option" , its permissions are currently limited .

Best CJ

xchrisjd1941

Post by xchrisjd1941 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:24 pm

Hi Chuck We may have something here. C:\.......\FSX has dll.xml dated 25 July & is 1KB Also it has DLL_XMLTOOLS.bak also 1 KB
However C:\.....\FSX-SE also has a dll.xml but dated 17 July for 2 kb size. There is NO XML tools in this folder. A similar thing has happened recently with an update putting itself in the FSX folder instead of the FSX-SE one. Hope that helps.

Regards,

Chris

Chuck Jodry

Post by Chuck Jodry » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:24 pm

Ok Chris, You will need to manually edit the dll.xml in your FSX SE folder adding the following lines , edit with notepad and save , remember to make a backup copy . I consulted the author and he assures me this option will rectify the issue , he defines it as a simple matter and that he has great faith in humanity .

Attached in the zip is a copy of xmltools.dll place the contents of this zipfile in your steam main FSX SE folder , not gauges , not panel main folder

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLTools</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>XMLTools.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

Best CJ
Attachments
XMLTools.zip
(71.18 KiB) Downloaded 42 times

xchrisjd1941

Post by xchrisjd1941 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:16 pm

Hi Chuck Thanks - that solved the problems - all seems OK Now. There seem to be a few glitches I have found so far - the Autopilot will not switch on for one & the prop speed gauge goes haywire when I reduce the propeller lever. But I will persevere with it & let you know if there are any more hiccups. Thanks again.

Regards,

Chris

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:31 pm

Rtfm on those.

xchrisjd1941

Post by xchrisjd1941 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:05 am

Yes - I accept your rebuke. But in my defence with all the problems I had I have not seen much point in RTFM. Will now do so.

Chuck Jodry

Post by Chuck Jodry » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:42 pm

Happy that it worked , I still wonder why though as the side by side option should have popped the bits where your registry said they were.

In any event the AP on button needs to be held down as opposed to simply clicked. Its been programmed to behave exactly like the real deal , I appreciated the NavStax addon for the same reason , a perfectly accurate rendering of a Bendix King set like so many would have in these Otters .

Regarding the Manual , the DHC3-T has been modelled down to operational circuit breakers and engine faults with cumulative stress damage , if you firewall the throttle and go you're going to have a short flight .

Best CJ

xchrisjd1941

Post by xchrisjd1941 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:27 am

Hi Now I have got most things sorted on the Otter & flying nicely, there are 2 items not right. One is that the control column does not move when I move the joystick. Not a biggie I know. However, the autopilot is a problem. The one fitted in the Otter is NOT the one shown in the manual. It is a simpler one & does not have the height adjustment knobs, the baro setting or do a self check when power applied. The one fitted to the Beaver is the right one, however. Despite trying everything mine will not switch on. Please check & advise. Thanks.

Regards,

Chris

Return to “DHC-3T Turbo Otter Support Forum”