Can't get throttle / prop/ conditions levers to map to axis

bbuckley
Can't get throttle / prop/ conditions levers to map to axis

Post by bbuckley » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:35 pm

I've tried for two days but I can't get the VC throttle lever to move at all. The prop and condition levers I can move by mouse only. No matter what I do I can't get the levers to move using the saitek throttle q. I've overcome an initial installation error when installing XMLTools and now the proper entry is in the DLL.xml file. I carefully edited the controllers.xml file to enable and map the throttle & prop axes. In my registered FSUIPC5 I have tried both assigning and not assigning the axes with send to FS as normal axis but no joy. I have a strong IT background so I'm confident I can follow instructions, and I read the manual and have searched forums. Very frustrating especially after overcoming the RealLIght issue. I also can't get the dual rxp gns cfg to work properly but I'll fix that eventually. Please help with the controller issue, I'd love to actually fly this airplane...

Initial installation error:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kh3w14qy047ar ... s.JPG?dl=0

bbuckley
Re: Can't get throttle / prop/ conditions levers to map to axis

Post by bbuckley » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:17 pm

Help please?

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:54 pm

XMLTools.dll will be in the main fs or p3d folder and there should be an entry in DLL.xml found in \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

It should read as follows:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLTools</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>XMLTools.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

If not, run the XMLtools installer inside the DHC3T aircraft folder for the sim in question (xmltools_201 installer.exe is for FSX).

Go to your user's AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v{version number} or AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ folder and check whether DLL.XML is present or not.

If it is not, and you have other users defined in your machine, go to each one's AppData\Roaming folder and check that DLL.XML is present in either Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v, or Microsoft\FSX\ (depending on platform).

https://milviz.com/support/index.php?r= ... 0&s=0&p=32

bbuckley

Post by bbuckley » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:05 pm

First, thanks for the reply

Next, yes I had already verified all this from some other posts. DLL.xml present in the AppData\... folder, with the XMLTools entry, XMLTools in the main P3D folder. I use profiles in FSUIPC5 (paid) and I created a Turbo Otter profile for mapping all the other yoke / rudder axes and buttons. All of those work fine. I have tried assigning the throttle and prop levers in that profile to AXIS THROTTLE SET / AXIS PROPELLER SET and to THROTTLE SET / PROP PITCH SET with "send to FS..", and I have tried without assigning the throttle / prop lever axes at all. I've tried these options in combination with the contoller.xml macros enabled and not enabled. Nothing works. In my FSUIPC5.ini I use AutoAssignLetters=Yes and the yoke is "B" (throttle plugged into yoke Saitek) but the controller ID is "1", I've tried using "1" and "B" in the macros but again nothing works. Someone else indicated they had to uninstall and reinstall 2008 Visual C++ redistributable to get it to work but I have multiple entries for those and don't know which to uninstall / reinstall. Is this a possible issue?

When I press Ctrl +E for autostart, the condition lever and prop lever move appropriately but the throttle stays at full reverse and the engine does not start.
I'm at a complete loss. I did already uninstall and reinstall the airplane BTW.

Does your system meet the sim's requirements? YES
Did you temporarily disable your anti-virus program during the download process? YES
Before installing did you disable UAC. (User Account Control)? YES
Did you install, and are you running the sim as an admin? YES
Before running the sim did you make sure the FSX/P3D directory is off limits to any AV scanning? YES
Does your system have the required distributables? YES
Is your video card DX11 compatible? YES
If applicable, did you disable any FSX to P3D migration tools (like Estonia) before running the sim? YES
Are you using an aircraft other than a Milviz one as your default aircraft? YES
Have you installed in the root sim directory? YES
Do you have the appropriate SimConnect libraries installed? YES

Aircraft: DHC-3T Turbo Otter
Sim platform: P3D v.4
Operating system: Win10
Version: 1.180919_wx
Unique ticket identifier: 6CF37B17-CC91-6150-C313-43934191DA2E

Chuck Jodry

Post by Chuck Jodry » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:36 pm

Hello , found this elsewhere in the forum , perhaps its the solution .

FSUIPC5 DHC-3T profile, mapp the throttle axis direct to the FSUIPC Throttle 1 calibration, using the calibration tab to set full foward, idle and full reverse. Send prop and mixture direct to FSUIPC calibration PropPitch1 and Mixture 1 respectively.
No need to do calibration. don't have controllers ticked active in P3D4, and don't have the throttle, prop or mixture axes defined in P3D4. All analog axes, buttons and keys are handled by FSUPC.

Best CJ

bbuckley

Post by bbuckley » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:44 am

Thanks CJ,
Progress. I mapped everything exactly as you indicated but the prop lever would just pop immediately to the max position and was not movable from there. I then calibrated the prop1 axis and it now works fine. The condition lever mapped to mixture1 worked fine. But the throttle refuses to budge from full reverse. Won’t even move with the mouse. I assigned it to throttle 1 direct to FSUIPC and then calibrated throttle 1 but nothing. Also, the toe brakes move in the VC but not the rudder pedals. So I think there is something else going on that’s impacting the VC visual display of throttle and rudder pedals.

bbuckley

Post by bbuckley » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:16 pm

I have two dll.xml files and exe.xml files. One on C:\Users\Bruce Buckley\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\... and the other in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\.

The programdata one is obsolete since it's only entry is for Environment Force which I have uninstalled. I copied the dll.xml from appdata to the programdata folder but still no luck with throttle or rudder.

The addons menu has the DHC-3T entry and the toggle options appear to work correctly.

which redistributable specifically do I need to have? I have a bunch and I don't want to randomly uninstall and reinstall.
Thanks for trying to help, but this is getting very disappointing, it's been 5 days and I can't even get the airplane started because of no throttle. And the rudders don't move.

bbuckley

Post by bbuckley » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:27 am

I found the post that lists the required redistributables and I have them all. I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest 2008, 2010 & 2015 redistributables. No luck yet. The throttle and rudders simply won’t move. And auto start moves the prop and condition levers and opens the switch covers and toggles the switches but the throttle never moves and the engine doesn’t start.

Please help. This must be an issue of a wrong path or pointer. My P3D is installed on an ssd E:\MyP3D\ and of course the app data and programdata folders are on the system C:\ drive. I have been unable to do anything with this airplane for a week now. Please provide some help or how do I apply for a refund?

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:35 am

Does it work without FSPUIC?

bbuckley

Post by bbuckley » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:28 am

No. By “without FSUIPC” you mean axis not assigned. In my posts above I’ve outlined all the many options I’ve tried.

sieg.bennet

Post by sieg.bennet » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:36 pm

Hold on, please try those settings (had the same issue but now FSUIPC works finde for me):

Throttle:
Axis Assignment - Axis Throttle1 Set
Jostick Calibration - Throttle 1 (Reverse/Idle/Max)

Propeller:
Axis Assignment - Axis Propeller1 Set
Jostick Calibration - Propeller 1 (Reverse/Idle/Max)

Mixture:
Axis Assignment - Axis Mixture1 Set
Jostick Calibration - Mixture 1 (Min./Max.) NO REVERSE ZONE

GLHF
Rasterfahnder

bbuckley

Post by bbuckley » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:02 pm

Thanks! I’m traveling for the next 8 days so I’ll try that when I get home. I believe I did try both the “axis throttle1” and “throttle1” and both with and without the controllers.xml enabled but I’ll try again.

I believe it has something to do with a dll that the throttle uses (and rudder also) that isn’t being found due to a path issue. But if that’s the case I need Milviz to tell me what to look for. I outlined some files (see above) and paths but no comment back from Milviz yet.

Edit: Does Ctrl E auto start work for you? It doesn’t for me. See above. Prop & Condition levers move and sw covers open and toggle on but then that’s it. Do I need to do something or could it be that since the engine throttle isn’t working (the software not the axis mapping) the engine won’t start. Is this a clue into what dll may be corrupt or not found?

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:27 pm

FSUIPC add some extra complexity to the problems of diagnosis - if you can temporarily disable it and then check what works and what doesn't, that will give us some clues as to what's going wrong.

bbuckley

Post by bbuckley » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:16 pm

OK, I can do that... do you mean to also enable controllers in P3D and map the axes there? Should I also enable the controllers.xml for throttle and prop?

bbuckley

Post by bbuckley » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:52 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kh3w14qy047ar ... s.JPG?dl=0

What folder is the XMLtools installer looking for that I get this error message? See link.

Return to “DHC-3T Turbo Otter Support Forum”