DHC-3T Turbo Otter Issue

joneschl89
DHC-3T Turbo Otter Issue

Post by joneschl89 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:56 pm

Hello,

I tried to read through everything to make sure I could not find a fix before posting. Looks like one other issue was similar, but not sure of the fix. I also did the troubleshooting on the main page before posting. Sorry if this is redundant.
Below is a brief description of my issues:

1. Propeller does not show movement
2. Rudder does not show movement
3. Throttle lever does not advance in VC, prop lever and condition lever do advance (Note that at times when I advance my yoke throttle, aircraft responds, but VC lever does not show movment)
4. During last flight, aircraft throttled up ,but never left the starting spot on the runway. It pitched up as if it were climbing, but mains never left the runway. Executed a left roll and when left wing contacted ground, the roll stopped. Reducing power settled the nose back to the ground.
5. FSX will often crash after flight is ended.

I am using FSX Steam edition. I uninstalled aircraft and reinstalled as administrator, I also have disabled scanning to my sim files and turned off antvi while downloading the second time. The same issues are present before and after re-install.

Greatly appreciate your help, looking forward to fully enjoying this aircraft.

Chad

Taguilo
Re: DHC-3T Turbo Otter Issue

Post by Taguilo » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:27 pm

Hi, your problem seems to be related with XMLTools.

Please check this post:
https://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... ols#p83992

Also be sure to install the latest SP.

Thanks
Tomas

RMCPH1961

Post by RMCPH1961 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:37 am

I am also having the same issues with no throttle movement, no rudder movement, no starting abilility and cntrl + e doesn't work either. I have also tried editing the xmltools file and still have not been able to get this to work as well as re-downloading and re-installing with uac off, antivirus off, firewall off, etc. I have tried working on this the past several days and really starting to get frustrated with it.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:04 pm

Tried the second link in Tomas's post above?

RMCPH1961

Post by RMCPH1961 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:55 pm

yes, of course as i am sure it is an xmltools issue but the fix hasn't worked for me for some reason

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:20 pm

To eliminate any confusion, can you confirm that you have done the following?:

XMLTools.dll (FSX/P3Dv3) or XMLTools64.dll (P3Dv4) will be in the main fs or p3d folder. Please check.

There should be an entry in DLL.xml found in \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

It should read as follows:

For FSX/P3Dv3
============

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLTools</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>XMLTools.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

For P3D v4
==========

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLTools64</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>XMLTools64.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

If not, run the XMLtools installer inside the DHC3T aircraft folder for the sim in question (xmltools_201 installer.exe is for FSX).

Go to your user's AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v{version number} or AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ folder and check whether DLL.XML is present or not.

If it is not, and you have other users defined in your machine, go to each one's AppData\Roaming folder and check that DLL.XML is present in either Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v, or Microsoft\FSX\ (depending on platform).

#Edited by Tomas (added P3Dv4 version)

RMCPH1961

Post by RMCPH1961 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:06 pm

i was able to get it working somewhat by changing the path to direct it to the drive and p3d folder that it is in so i guess it is looking for a default installation on a default drive c: which i do not use for sims

Return to “DHC-3T Turbo Otter Support Forum”