PC-6 won't start Ctrl-E and throttle does not move

jcoetze1
PC-6 won't start Ctrl-E and throttle does not move

Post by jcoetze1 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:47 pm

I was prompted to paste the following text from the fault finding wizard after I reported that my recently bought PC-6 won't start (neither manually nor by using Ctrl-E auto-start). The throttle lever does not react to joystick input and neither by mouse control. I also bought the DHC-2 Beaver at the same time and installed that first. The Beaver worked well with all my controllers (Saitek Pro-Yoke, pedals and quadrants). After un-installing PC-6 and re-installing the DHC-2 also started to react indifferent to controller inputs. I have since removed all my Saitek controllers and reconnected my old Logitech joystick and it made no difference. I have many study sim products from A2A, Majestic, Flight1 and Reality XP installed and all work seamlessly with my hardware. Additional error logs are included below and more are available on request. My PC is only used for P3D and does not contain any software other than for flight sim.

Does your system meet the sim's requirements? YES
Did you temporarily disable your anti-virus program during the download process? YES
Before installing did you disable UAC. (User Account Control)? YES
Did you install, and are you running the sim as an admin? YES
Before running the sim did you make sure the FSX/P3D directory is off limits to any AV scanning? YES
Does your system have the required distributables? YES
Is your video card DX11 compatible? YES
If applicable, did you disable any FSX to P3D migration tools (like Estonia) before running the sim? YES
Are you using an aircraft other than a Milviz one as your default aircraft? YES
Have you installed in the root sim directory? YES
Do you have the appropriate SimConnect libraries installed? YES

Aircraft: PC-6 for P3Dv4
Sim platform: P3D v.4
Operating system: Win10
Version: 190823
Unique ticket identifier: 6B1F15F2-3783-47FA-8D94-D2920A1C63EC

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.12.30293, time stamp: 0x5cd47aad
Faulting module name: PorterSystems.dll, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d60218d
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x000000000000629c
Faulting process ID: 0x232c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d56c9d30a7c834
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\MV_PC-6_Base\panel\PorterSystems.dll
Report ID: 83b6c439-3707-4c12-8ce4-5c1591bc96ee
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: Prepar3D.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FFAF6A0629C
Stack:

Faulting application name: XMLTools64Installer.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x593ebf3b
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.356, time stamp: 0x8c4198ab
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00113522
Faulting process ID: 0x2524
Faulting application start time: 0x01d56c9874ccbaf3
Faulting application path: C:\Users\27721\AppData\Roaming\Military Visualizations Inc\PC-6\prerequisites\XMLTools64Installer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: dbee5396-563b-4b34-bf99-057dfd99e5e4

Application: XMLTools64Installer.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.DllNotFoundException
at <Module>.malloc(UInt32)
at <Module>._DebugMallocator<__ExceptionPtr>.allocate(_DebugMallocator<__ExceptionPtr>*, UInt32)
at <Module>.__ExceptionPtr._CopyException(std.tr1.shared_ptr<__ExceptionPtr>*, Void*, _s_ThrowInfo*, Boolean)
at <Module>.__ExceptionPtr._InitBadAllocException(std.tr1.shared_ptr<__ExceptionPtr>*)
at <Module>.?A0xd2768a5d.??__E?m_badAllocExceptionPtr@__ExceptionPtr@@$$Q0V?$shared_ptr@V__ExceptionPtr@@@tr1@std@@A@@YMXXZ()
at <Module>._initterm_m(Void* ()*, Void* ()*)
at <Module>.<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.InitializePerAppDomain(<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport*)
at <Module>.<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport._Initialize(<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport*)
at <Module>.<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.Initialize(<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport*)

Exception Info: <CrtImplementationDetails>.ModuleLoadExceptionHandlerException
at <Module>.<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.Cleanup(<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport*, System.Exception)
at <Module>.<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.Initialize(<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport*)
at <Module>..cctor()

Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.12.30293, time stamp: 0x5cd47aad
Faulting module name: BeaverSystems.dll, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x59319c9f
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0000000000004607
Faulting process ID: 0x1068
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5673173a5af92
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\DHC-2 Beaver Milviz\panel\BeaverSystems.dll
Report ID: 05ec49dc-680f-49f2-a4d7-9673976a2dfb

Taguilo
Re: PC-6 won't start Ctrl-E and throttle does not move

Post by Taguilo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:00 pm

Hi,

It seems you had problems with XMLTools installer.

Please copy the attached file to your P3Dv4 main folder and unzip.

Then edit your P3Dv4 DLL.XML file and add:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLTools64</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>XMLTools64.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

To be sure, do a search for DLL.XML in your machine and see if you have more than one for P3D. If so, add the code from above to all of them.

Thanks!
Tomas
Attachments
XMLTools64.zip
(100.75 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

jcoetze1

Post by jcoetze1 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:43 pm

Tomas,
I took your advice and found two instances of DLL.xml on my PC: one in Appdata and one in Programdata. I pasted the suggested text into those XML's and installed XMLTools64 into my main P3D folder. In starting the sim the views started panning randomly inside and outside of the cockpit and then settled down after a few minutes. But still the throttle would not move and the plane would not start. I re-installed the package again and while the views did not behave randomly as before, I am still stuck with the throttle and start position. An additional behaviour noted from the Ctrl-E action is that the condition lever would move and then settle into position, the parking brake also pulled and some of the pilot side panel switches move in an animated fashion but after that nothing else happens. Please advise next steps... thank you.

Taguilo

Post by Taguilo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:56 pm

Hmmm...

- Start P3D in Scenario window, not from a saved flight. Once Scenario shows, you can select a PC6 saved flight. Do not start from another aircraft and then switch to Porter.

- Check your FSUIPC calibration, if you have any. If throttle/prop, etc axis are set with FSUIPC, select "Axis prop/throttle set", not FSUIPC custom calibration.

Thanks!

Tomas

jcoetze1

Post by jcoetze1 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:13 pm

Tomas,
I did all of this and my situation has not changed. I have removed all my controllers and set everything back to default values so that I am only left with my yoke. I have also used an existing scenario to create a new cold-and-dark flight for PC-6. So I want to repeat that I can control all switches and levers with my mouse, but only the throttle lever won't move. While I was trying to go through the normal start-up procedures again, I discovered that the fuel system valve also stays closed and does not react on mouse commands. If we cannot resolve the problem this way, then I would suggest that we have a Team Viewer meeting. If that fails then I am afraid to say that I will have to ask for a refund, which will be sad for all of us :( .

Taguilo

Post by Taguilo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:37 pm

Hi,

Does your throttle move if you press F1/F2 keys? (providing you have them mapped to throttle, they are by default)
And/or they move if mouse dragged?

We can eventually arrange a TV meeting if nothing seems to work for you.

Tomas

jcoetze1

Post by jcoetze1 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:28 pm

Hi Tomas,
No the throttle does not react to F1/F2 keys and neither to mouse drag action - same for the fuel system valve. However, the propeller control and idle control levers react correctly to mouse drags. I would welcome a TeamViewer meeting if you can indicate your availability tomorrow - I can do any time from 8am (GMT+2/South Africa). jcoetze1@ford.com or johancoetzee2019@outlook.com thanks a lot :)

jcoetze1

Post by jcoetze1 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:13 pm

Hi Tomas,
I would like to receive further advice on what to do with my PC-6 starting problem. Thank you.

Return to “Pilatus PC-6 Support Forum”