Texture Quality maxed out..!?

doodlebug
Re: Texture Quality maxed out..!?

Post by doodlebug » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:13 pm

Hi Timmy, the team are currently preoccupied with the production of the service Pack.

IN the meantime, have a look at this article where Yoyo outlines a solution that you could try, and other developers discuss the problems inherent in the latest iterations of P3D

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... p-for-V4-5

Timmy74

Post by Timmy74 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:13 am

doodlebug wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:13 pm
Hi Timmy, the team are currently preoccupied with the production of the service Pack.

IN the meantime, have a look at this article where Yoyo outlines a solution that you could try, and other developers discuss the problems inherent in the latest iterations of P3D

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... p-for-V4-5
Really....!?

So you are telling me that i need to redo my own textures to make this thing work!?

Outstanding!!!

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:35 pm

Sure, if you want to read it that way, but my true intention was to explain that the team is busy on the SP, and to empower everyone with the means to further investigate this issue in the meantime.

YoYo

Post by YoYo » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:20 pm

Timmy74 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:13 am
Really....!?

So you are telling me that i need to redo my own textures to make this thing work!?

Outstanding!!!
Relax Timmy,
It looks like a bigger problem, maybe not creators of the model but whole PBR technique in Prepar3D 4.4+.
I'll follow this subject and I hope I finally will find solutions. Not all are optic purist, many people do not mind missing antyaliasing even ; ).
Temporary solution are textures with mipmaps, I'll create it for you. it doesnt solve the problem in 100% but partially.
PBR unfortunately, it should still be treated as an experiment of LM for P3D I'm afraid.

btw. give me infos about your spec like GPU and resolution of monitor.

geloxo

Post by geloxo » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:25 pm

Hi,

Easy solution: force FXAA in your Nvidia control panel for P3D, and leave it off in game. You can keep the AA setting to max and 16x filtering in game after activating it. You wont have any performance hit. I had this problem too and the FXAA setting helped me to reduce the ugly effect.

Source: viewtopic.php?f=211&t=11053

Alternatively you can use Sparse Grid Supersampling (via Nvidia Inspector) instead of FXAA. This would be better visually, but with impact hit on the performance. Taking into account the current problems with PBRs in game I think the cleanest solution would be to be able to select if you want the PBR textures or not during the installation process. Nemeth S-76 allows you to choose, for instance.

Cheers

Return to “Pilatus PC-6 Support Forum”