F2 key assignment (P3Dv4) [Resolved]

treerat
F2 key assignment (P3Dv4) [Resolved]

Post by treerat » Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:21 am

I do not have a dedicated throttle controller (at least not one that works), so I operate the throttle(s) via the F1, 2, 3, 4 keys, using the F2 key for "Throttle (decrease)." Pressing the F2 key does not move the throttle in the PC-6 at all. Pressing F2 does effect the Torque, ITT, N1, RPM to some degree, but only when held down (I'm sure this fact should give me a clue as to what's going on). Is F2 tied in with the Prop Control on the PC-6 some how?

Saw the part in the manual about the PC6_controllers.xml, but I assume that has to do with dedicated controller assignments and not the keyboard.

Saw a post about XMLTools.dll being an issue, so made sure that was current and In the main P3D folder and listed in the dll.xml.

I have verified that the F2 key is assigned to Throttle (decrease) in P3D, and it works properly in every other aircraft I have. The other F keys work as assigned for throttle control in the PC-6.

I have FSUIPC6 installed, but not registered. It's in the dll.xml as well.

Purchased PC-6 through Orbx.

So what's the verdict on how few brain cells I have? Operator error? Not enough RTFM? Not enough searching the forums (days of that).

Slayer
Re: F2 key assignment (P3Dv4)

Post by Slayer » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:24 pm

Does the throttle animation work if you drag it with the mouse? How about holding the mouse over it and rolling the scroll wheel?

treerat

Post by treerat » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:24 am

I can control the throttle fully using the mouse to drag the levers.

Using the mouse wheel to control the throttles is erratic. Scrolling up will push the throttle up on the first try, and down on the next. Scrolling down has the same effect - sometimes the throttle moves up, and sometimes down.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:52 pm

It's not really a throttle since it is a PT-6 - It's a condition lever. Maybe this is why it doesn't like your key mapping? It should work though , not sure why it's not in your case. Are you using anything like FSUIPC?

treerat

Post by treerat » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:02 am

I see what you mean by it not being a "throttle" as it's labeled "power"

I have FSUIPC 6 - unregistered, so I can't access the UI there and nothing was pre-set.

It's interesting the F1(Idle power), F3(power increase), and F4(full power) keys all work fine.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:07 pm

Have you tried setting a different key for it to see if there is a conflict with something else possibly using that keybind?

treerat

Post by treerat » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:00 am

And we have a winner!

Not sure what the deal is here, but looking at the engines key assignments, I have two Throttle (increase) and two Throttle (decrease) options. I just moved the F2 assignment from the first Throttle (decrease) setting to the second one, and it works fine now. Are the two settings for split throttle control, or . . .?

Thanks for the help, Slayer - I very much appreciate you taking the time out to help me here.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:36 pm

You can bind multiple keys or buttons to the same thing , it just duplicates the entry.

treerat

Post by treerat » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:13 am

Got it.

Thanks again for the help

Return to “Pilatus PC-6 Support Forum”