Crashes

WilliamG
Crashes

Post by WilliamG » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:26 pm

When I select the aircraft and it begins to load I get a crash to desktop without fail.

I uninstalled via the app manager then reinstalled, with no change, still getting CTD.

When I install, I disable AVG I run the MVAMS first
I did not select any other avionics other than what comes with the default install.
During installation the only thing that happened that normally doesn't is that windows says it blocked the app, I selected run anyway and continued on.
I consistently get a CTD
Last edited by WilliamG on Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WilliamG
Re: Crashes

Post by WilliamG » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:03 am

Is there a support forum I can post in?

Raptor

Post by Raptor » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:11 pm

Can you post the log from the event viewer?

Chuck Jodry

Post by Chuck Jodry » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:36 pm

Hello , When I see this particular issue its been an incompatibility issue with the Weather Radar and the version of sim .
In order to remove that possibility from the possible causes please run the MVAMS first , there should be an icon on your desktop and in radio options for the PC6 select the Milviz GNS 430 530 and assure the Weather Radar Checkbox is Unchecked .

Now start the sim select the PC6 and set up a flight without using a presaved flight with another aircraft , piston/turbine/fueltank settings are carried over and can cause other problems .

If this works out we can verify your WX version matches the sim , if not we will need more info about , sim , rig and install location

Best CJ

WilliamG

Post by WilliamG » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:34 pm

Chuck, the only difference in the way I was doing things from what you mentioned was I had "None" selected for the radio which is how it comes as default. I selected the Milviz 430 530 and tried it again. (I never use wx radar)
It now runs though that seems weird to me that none would be the problem. I am not quite to the point I am declaring victory. I want to keep trying it out later.
If this is it, it would be great if you guys could get the "None" working since that is what I prefer but it isn't the end of the world

Thanks for the help. WG

WilliamG

Post by WilliamG » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:34 pm

I have competed another session and it seems OK with the MV 430 530

I cannot for the life of me find a click spot on the safety latch for the idle control lever

Chuck Jodry

Post by Chuck Jodry » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:26 pm

The Condition lever needs to be dragged down to the stop and then you click the red stop and the condition lever will then move past the stop , its a safety feature .

Best CJ

WilliamG

Post by WilliamG » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:39 pm

That's just it, I have no click spot on the red stop.
What's more when I load the aircraft the red stop is closed.
When I hit the starter the red stop moved aside and I can quickly pull the condition lever down past it to shutoff if were to want to. It clicks closed again as I advance the lever after start.
When I am ready to shut down, I pull the condition lever down to the stop but I never get a click spot.
I have clicked all over the stop but I get nothing. I have been shutting down by turning off the fuel shutoff.
I have watched videos looking for the secret and they just casually click on the red stop as you would expect it to work
That person was using P3D and I have FSX steam.

Return to “Pilatus PC-6 (FSX) Support Forum”