Bugs found so far [Answered - Elevator fixed in newest build]

matpietsch
Bugs found so far [Answered - Elevator fixed in newest build]

Post by matpietsch » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:15 pm

Did my first flight and with the KA350 Knowledge I have found some things that should be looked into please:

1.) FLC on Climb is broken (same on the current King Air I have flown today). The plane is oscillating up and down until the AP disconnects. With V/S the behavior is rock solid.

2.) Big one: For me the P180 does influence the keyboard. I am unable to pan around (space + mouse) an any functions related to single letters (like S ang G) are gone. Keyboard on the FMC is NOT active. And funny enough the Keys work on the FMC when Keyboard entry is active.

3.) Fun one: The horizontal stabilizer is gone:
2021-03-21 00_28_51-Mail.jpg
2021-03-21 00_28_51-Mail.jpg (99.13 KiB) Viewed 1617 times
I will add more as I move along with my flight.

Taguilo
Re: Bugs found so far

Post by Taguilo » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:50 pm

Hi,

Fisrt of all, thanks for the feedbacks!.

1) FLC must be operated with care to avoid sharp pitch changes, like in the real a/c (especially for descents). The best way to do is, first use another pitch mode until the aircraft is stable in a climb/descent at the desired speed, then engage FLC. The transition will be smooth.

2) There is not such an influence on the keyboard. Are you using ChasePlane or any other related addon? Because ChasePlane has been reported to hae issues with both the KA and Avanti.

3) That is going to be fixed as soon. Thanks!

Tomas

matpietsch

Post by matpietsch » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:09 pm

Sorry, i have to completely disagree on the FLC. It is the same behavior on the King Air and on the P180. I know how to use it and it was ROCK SOLID in the past. A real joy to use. But now you are in a stable climb and activate it with the exact same airspeed that you are flying. Then it works with slight corrections. But do not even dare to change the speed by even 5-10 kts. Then you find yourself in a dive (the FD even commands the dive) and the AP disconnects. To me there is an issue with the FLC logic that somehow sneaked into the latest versions of the B350 and this one. I own the King Air since day one and while it had its problems, FLC was always rock solid.

Taguilo

Post by Taguilo » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:37 pm

Sounds really weird. The FLC code on the KA has not changed since the first SP, and it is working fine, no other late PIREPS of people experiencing the same issues as yours -except when ASD does mess up with wx injection -
FLC in P180 is performing as expected, close (but not exact) to real so far I've tested. Again, beware of wx abrupt changes in wind and/or turbulence (v5.1).
Please check your configs, and how is wx being managed by P3D or your wx addon, if any.

Tomas

matpietsch

Post by matpietsch » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:25 pm

I also have ASP3D as a possible suspect but could not solve it by disabling turbulence etc.

sharpless281

Post by sharpless281 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:16 am

I cannot get the Rudder to work, it moves when looking at it. I have rudder peddles (CH) and they work find on the King Air. Does not matter how I set the axis control. Max Speed is about 260Knts IAS, the King air is 370 so a little confused there as well. On the positive note I was able to assign most functions via SpapPNext I was also happy I could put other things like the PFD on another monitor

Taguilo

Post by Taguilo » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:15 pm

Hi,

Ground handling is done through a NW steering mode. You must set STEER TAXI for taxi operations, STEER T-O for the take off run and right after landing.
There is a large button on yoke's right horn labeled NOSE STEER. Left click to engage STEER T-O; right click for STEER TAXI.
To disable NW Steering push the red Autopilot Disconnect's button right below. Or you can map a hardware button to P3D's TOGGLE TAILWHEEL LOCK event.

Tomas

sharpless281

Post by sharpless281 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:27 pm

Thanks Tomas, this is kind of like what the steering wheel does on the 737. Toggle Tailwheel lock unlocks it only, maybe that is all it needs to do. I would love to see a mapping in MVAMS2 to map the Nose Wheel functions and the tail wheel lock. I use SpadNext as well as FSUIP. Spad has commands like AVANTI_NOSE_STEER_ON and AVANTI_NOSE_STEERMODE but the parameters I am use to are not doing the trick making these work. SPAD somehow picks these up when a new aircraft is installed. They are actually very handle. Anyway seeing a mapping in MVAMS2 makes more sense.

sharpless281
Re: Bugs found so far [Answered - Elevator fixed in newest build]

Post by sharpless281 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:59 am

Right Click and Left click on the button does not really work anymore. I don't know if it was the latest release of the E180 or P3D 5.2 HF1. It starts to turn but quits working. I do not have any other problems with the aircraft. They really need to map hardware in MVAMS 2 for this so we can put it on the yoke or create mappings to make it work. I am going back to the King Air until something here changes

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:29 pm

I think those 2 use stock P3D commands also..

sharpless281

Post by sharpless281 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:36 am

Ok I will look. Its hard to get away from the King Air because it works so well

Return to “180 EVO Support Forum”