Again disappointed with a Milviz product

matpietsch
Again disappointed with a Milviz product

Post by matpietsch » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:19 pm

I know that I am annoying but I am annoyed too. Another Milviz product which is, disappointing to say the least.

There are so many obvious issues with the modelling and lighting (apart from others) like wings have an anhedral instead of a dihedral, , texturing issues and than the obviously broken landing lights on which the usuer uninanimously agree but which is painfully slow being dealt with). The question has to be asked, was this being looked at all before release? Also the night lighting looks like it is coming strait from early FSX and does not work in the cabin at all.

Then the FLC which is unreliable (to put it very mildly) but still this is being dodged in the forum.

This is the King Air all over again but at least most of the PL21 works this time.

When will these items be addressed? Will it be like the King Air which has no received the necessary update to correct all the texturing issues?
Also when will the chart viewer be released? We are just being told it is an API issue? Then why just not implement it, it is the same system on every PL21.

doodlebug
Re: Again disappointed with a Milviz product

Post by doodlebug » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:04 pm

Naturally this product has been tested before release. Naturally some errors evade us, as is common with software releases.
The FLC is being investigated (see other thread).
The chart-viewer is being worked on, but I cannot tell how long t will take to implement (and the absence of such was explicitly stated)

matpietsch

Post by matpietsch » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:54 pm

I don't complain about the chart viewer I am thankful that it is being worked on. However, giving a timeline does make it easier for your customers. If don't meet that timeline just give an explanation of the issues and give your new best estimate. Nobody will be mad except for the whiners.

ChristianBramkamp

Post by ChristianBramkamp » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:21 pm

I have to agree. Not an overall poor product (i.e. the soundset is quite nice), but overall not worth 60$. Starting with things like the not working trueGlass, missing details in the repaints and technical issues, ist looks like this product was done without any love to details.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:57 pm

We tried to implement Trueglass, the results due to the curvature of the windscreen were bad so it was removed. Sorry I don't have an ETA on the new version. I will ask.

Return to “180 EVO Support Forum”