Parking Brake Stuck ON [Resolved]

redxfred
Parking Brake Stuck ON [Resolved]

Post by redxfred » Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:34 pm

A message in P3Dv5 prompts me to release the parking brake with [CTRL+.] command. All it does is cause the message to flash but the brake is stuck ON. To get it to release, I must Power forward with afterburner for a few feet. It acts like I'm "Jumping" the wheel chocks to get moving for taxi. Most bizarre!

Slayer
Re: Parking Brake Stuck ON

Post by Slayer » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:40 pm

Something in your control settings is probably wrong. Have you double checked your mappings?

redxfred

Post by redxfred » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:12 pm

I have checked all controls. Using both FSUIPC and the P3Dv5 controls menu, I've been unable to release the brakes. [CTRL+.] does work using the Generic F-35A that came with P3D. Can you tell me what command might apply to wheel chocks? (It's not in the controls menu)

The sim acts like there is a constant [Parking Brakes - SET] being sent until the aforementioned afterburner power out. I've disconnected/reconnected each USB controller but the result is unchanged. It must be software related (Mine not yours) since no one else seems to have this anomaly.

UPDATE - I just removed the command [CTRL+.] from the controls menu. There is now no command for any controller to "Parking Brakes-Set". When I start the T-38A REDUX, the message in the screen lower left is now "Parking Brake SET", with NO instructions on how to release it. I set it back to [CTRL+.].

I wish I had a list of all commands That the MILVIZ T-38A Redux recognizes...
Last edited by redxfred on Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:00 pm

It is something to do with FSUIPC.

See this thread: http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=220&t=11080

I know it's not Ezdok but here is the important part.

"You can use FSUIPC, your axis profile for the T-38 must just look like this:

[Axes.Jet_2_Stick_T-38]
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=3X,256,F,66388,0,0,0 -{ TO SIM: AXIS_RIGHT_BRAKE_SET }-
1=3Y,256,F,66387,0,0,0 -{ TO SIM: AXIS_LEFT_BRAKE_SET }-
2=3Z,256,F,65764,0,0,0 -{ TO SIM: AXIS_RUDDER_SET }-
3=4Z,256,F,66423,0,0,0 -{ TO SIM: AXIS_THROTTLE2_SET }-
4=4R,256,F,66420,0,0,0 -{ TO SIM: AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET }-
5=5X,256,F,65763,0,0,0 -{ TO SIM: AXIS_AILERONS_SET }-
6=5Y,256,F,65762,0,0,0 -{ TO SIM: AXIS_ELEVATOR_SET }-

The important part is the TO SIM and AXIS events.

What's happening is your afterburner threshold has not be set. The MVAMS looks at your P3D controls config for your throttle assignments so it can read your throttle and set the afterburner threshold, but if those are missing as is the case with FSUIPC controls, you need to make sure your FSUIPC is configured properly, and then use the Set Afterburner Threshold from the Addons menu->Milviz T-38A."

redxfred

Post by redxfred » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:23 pm

This is good advice! Usually, I insist on understanding what's going on but this time I just applied the "fix" to see what happens. The entire vehicle works mostly like it should now including "Takeoff Trim Set", which I had long ago given up on. My ILS approach was stabilized as well. Thanks for these .ini entries.

Now, about the parking brake... I have a work-around by assigning a switch to toggle the "Parking Brake Set" to constant on. This permits me to start taxiing without using afterburner, and it's almost smooth. Once moving along at about 10 knots, I just switch it OFF to stop the flashing "Parking Brakes" message. This corrected the situation for the remainder of the session in P3Dv5.3.

I appreciate the quick responses to my problem. Life is much better now!

Return to “Northrop T-38A Advanced Redux Support Forum”