Mouse Will Not Activate Switches, Throttle, Etc.

ReggieC
Mouse Will Not Activate Switches, Throttle, Etc.

Post by ReggieC » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:28 pm

Greetings,
Thank you for another wonderful MilViz product. I'm having a little difficulty though. The aircraft appears fine in my sim (P3Dv4.5 Pro). However, my mouse will not activate any switches in the cockpit so that I can start the engines per the instructions. Do I need to reinstall?

Thank you,
Reggie

JonathanBleeker
Re: Mouse Will Not Activate Switches, Throttle, Etc.

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:12 am

Will have a new build in the MVAMS updated shortly.

ReggieC

Post by ReggieC » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:04 pm

Thank you for making this available to us in the "Pro" sector. Appreciate all you do.

However, I cannot get the aircraft to start. I am following the instructions you have given to other forum members and even watched the YouTube video. It is getting very frustrating. Is there any way to use the P3Dv4 Engine Autostart feature?

Reggie

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Afraid not. Is your default flight set to ready to fly?

Are you able to at least move switches and controls now?

ReggieC

Post by ReggieC » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:57 pm

I have tried both Cold and Dark, and Ready to Fly. No go. The engines will spool up to 29%, but will not light off. Are the engines supposed to be already running in Ready to Fly mode? If so, something is definitely wrong.

Aircraft has 100% fuel in both tanks.

I am able to move all switches now but the Igniter buttons will not push in and I do not hear the normal igniter sounds.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice.

Please help,

Reggie

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:59 pm

Your P3D default flight sounds like it needs to be reset. Try renaming your Documents \Prepar3d Files folder, then start the sim and try. Then revert the Files folder name to its original.

ReggieC

Post by ReggieC » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:32 pm

Will try that this evening Sir and will advise.

Thank you,
Reggie

ReggieC

Post by ReggieC » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:15 am

Greetings again Jonathan,

Some interesting finds during the last few hours.

I tried the suggestion regarding the P3Dv4 File in my documents. P3D would not start and crashed to desktop each time. I returned the original file to it's proper place.

In an attempt to get the aircraft started, I went to the MVAMs and switched the aircraft from Cold and Dark to Ready to Fly. When I opened MVAMs, I received an update message and updated to the latest version. During the update, I received several error messages, mostly having to do with RealLights.

After the update completed, I again attempted to start the aircraft in each mode. I tried both aircraft engines and each spooled up to 29% but did not light off. In a last act of desperation, I clicked my Engine Autostart toggle switch on my Saitek X-65 Rhino, and low and behold, both engines lit off.

I don't know what the issue is, and I was only able to do it once due to having to leave for work. I am going to attempt the scenario again and see what happens. I will advise of the conclusions. Would appreciate your input on this phenomenon.

What I know at this time: I still have the legacy T-38A installed in my sim. I'm wondering if the P3Dv4 program has a conflict with it and the Advanced Redux.

Will advise,
Reggie

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:54 am

There shouldn’t be a conflict, but it does sound like your P3D is not running as admin, or if it is, UAC is blocking write access.

ReggieC

Post by ReggieC » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:09 am

What is UAC?

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:26 am

User Account Control (See your control panel->User Accounts->User Account control settings)

ReggieC

Post by ReggieC » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:44 pm

Greetings Johnathan,

Well it seems that I have everything working properly now since the newest update. I apparently had five MVAM's going at one time in the Task Manager. Once I eliminated those during installation, all is well.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Reggie

Return to “Northrop T-38A Advanced Redux Support Forum”