Afterburner to get rolling?

francesco.doenz
Afterburner to get rolling?

Post by francesco.doenz » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:59 am

I need to engage the afterburner to get the plane rolling, no problem with the other milviz aircrafts, in particular the T-38C which has not this problem?
Many thanks in advance for your help!!

Alvaro
Re: Afterburner to get rolling?

Post by Alvaro » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:49 pm

Have you set the afterburner threshold in the MVAMS throttle setup?

francesco.doenz

Post by francesco.doenz » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:14 pm

Thanks for stepping in so fast!
I just went into the axis calibration, afterburner threshold, but clicking to set threshold does not respond? I guess I miss something?! I have the hotas thrustmaster....

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:05 pm

You need to move your throttles to the desired position before clicking the button. Do you see the grey bar when you move your throttles? If not, are you using FSUIPC or do you have your throttles assigned in the P3D control menu? If the former, don't set it from the MVAMS. Set it from the ingame Addons Menu->Milviz T-38 menu (same deal. Move your throttles to desired threshold before clicking it).

francesco.doenz

Post by francesco.doenz » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:08 pm

Sorry being so late...could not get close to the computer up today! Yes, many any thanks as usual, it works now, I erased the throttles in P3D controls and calibrated the controls with FSUIPC...by the way, at what engine RPM is the aircraft supposed to start rolling? I am always surprised at the amount of throttle I have to apply, compared to the gaz pedal of a car for instance!?

Alvaro

Post by Alvaro » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:46 pm

Well, those small J85 are far from the P&W F100 league.
Also, the throttle to thrust curve is not linear, giving the highest punch in the last 25%.

We had to tweak the throttle to thrust response to accommodate Talon instructors taste. So I'd say the response you're seeing it's quite spot on vs the real thing.

Return to “Northrop T-38A Advanced Redux Support Forum”