plane crashes (or almost) at takeoff

vvince
plane crashes (or almost) at takeoff

Post by vvince » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:06 pm

Hello,

I can not manage clean takeoffs anymore (but used to) in both the T38A and T38C (it´s not happening with other planes).
Basically I follow the procedure in the manual : TO trim (green light), flaps 60%, roll with throttle between MIL and MAX power, and pull the stick gently at around 160knts. The plane immediately (few feets above ground) and strongly roll to the right, as if the right wing was stalling. Sometimes I recover (with a dramatic maneuver), and sometimes not...
I tried rotating at higher speed (180knts), but same thing happen. I tried full flaps, no flaps, no more luck.
As far as I remember this was not the case a few weeks ago : I wonder if it appeared after a recent update?
That´s with or without Active sky running.

Any idea?
Cheers, thanks

Vvince

JonathanBleeker
Re: plane crashes (or almost) at takeoff

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:14 pm

Using EZDock? Realism sliders set fully to the right? Sensitivity to max and nullzone to min for your axis controls in P3D? No failures active in P3D failures menu?

vvince

Post by vvince » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:29 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:14 pm
Using EZDock? Realism sliders set fully to the right? Sensitivity to max and nullzone to min for your axis controls in P3D? No failures active in P3D failures menu?
Hello,

none of those (no EZDock, full realism in P3D, no failures in P3D, axis set in FSUIPC with no calibration, just a small deadzone for rudder in MVAMS).

But after many tests, and many touch and go, I guess I nailed it down : cross wind. The plane can not take cross wind at take off. Even 10knts cross wind is too much (and at 15knts it crashes). Basically as soon as it is airborne, it will turn into the wind (wind coming from the right : plane rolls right wing down, wind from left : left roll).
With no wind, no problem : the plane just take off straight as it should.
It is also quite sensitive during rolling with crosswind, and requires careful and constant brake/rudder input, but this might be normal.
However the take off situation is definitely not normal.
This is with no P3D weather (no active sky), with no turbulence, just cross wind.

Same thing happens the same way with the T38C.

What is causing that? Could you please check and let me know?

Maybe this could go to the T38C forum as well, since it seems to be more active than the T38A one, some people may have similar issues there?

Thanks,
Cheers

vvince

Hiro3

Post by Hiro3 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:59 am

Quite same here.

At first, I thought that Ezdok might have caused this problem. However, the same things happen even after uninstalling Ezdok.
I tried many P3D and T-38A setting changes, but nothing helped me.
Strangely, I found that T-38A tends to drift to the opposite wind direction,rather than obeying the weather vane effect while taking off run under cross wind conditions.
After trying to maintain the directional stability by using rudders on the runway, and just after pulling flight stick for take-off, sudden roll-away occurs and usually crash to nearby lands, or, manage to escape from fatal crashes if cross wind factor is relatively small, or with some luck. If cross wind factor is quite small, take-off behavior is basically OK but still uncomfortable roll-away occurs and feel a little bit strange.

It seems to me that this behavior is quite unrealistic and not caused by regular software settings, rather caused by T-38A's dedicated FDE.

Hiro

Alvaro

Post by Alvaro » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:57 pm

This issue will be fixed in the next update.

vvince

Post by vvince » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:08 pm

Great, looking forward to it.

Cheers, Vvince

Return to “Northrop T-38A Advanced Redux Support Forum”