Severe Installation Error

SimplyPutin
Severe Installation Error

Post by SimplyPutin » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:04 am

Howdy, just purchased the T-38A Advanced Redux for use with the latest version of Prepar3D. After installing, the aircraft doesn't work. The sound in the simulator is stuck to off, none of the gauges work, it's simply totally broken.

I ran the install and Prepar3D as admin. I totally disabled UAC and all antivirus. I have the required Simconnect installed and the Microsoft C++ 2015 redist. I have the latest version of Prepar3D and the aircraft.

So after this didn't work I totally uninstalled everything. All of my flightsim addons and the sim itself. I removed all registry entries and removed all related files from AppData. I simply did everything possible to remove anything that could interfere. I reinstalled P3D and then installed the T-38A Advanced Redux. Same thing.

I just reformatted my computer, disabled UAC and Antivirus, installed simconnect, C++ 2015, ran everything as admin, made sure my card is DX11 compatible, and I've encountered the same behavior.

Any help is a appreciated. I'm at a complete loss on what I'm supposed to do. I think I've done everything right and yet the aircraft is just totally broken. I need some help figuring out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!
Cravin

doodlebug
Re: Severe Installation Error

Post by doodlebug » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:29 pm

Are you using P3D Academic or Professional?

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:37 pm

Did you let the installer choose the path or did you try to install it in the P3D addons folder?

SimplyPutin

Post by SimplyPutin » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:41 pm

P3D Professional (not Pro Plus). I let the installer choose, it appears to have installed correctly. The aircraft loads, it's just non functioning.

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:35 pm

regretfully Academic is the only version that will work
email me and we'll process a refund

SimplyPutin

Post by SimplyPutin » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:07 am

Oh, well that's really unfortunate, I really would have loved to fly this thing. This is the first time I've encountered something not working in professional? Is there a particular reason for this?

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:44 am

Actually it should work in Professional, just not Pro Plus.

Please enable Content Error logging in your P3D general settings and send me the log (stored in your Documents\Prepar3d v4 Files).

Return to “Northrop T-38A Advanced Redux Support Forum”