Throttle up for Taxi aircraft goes out of control

Djrichard
Throttle up for Taxi aircraft goes out of control

Post by Djrichard » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:49 pm

Does your system meet the sim's requirements? YES
Did you temporarily disable your anti-virus program during the download process? YES
Before installing did you disable UAC. (User Account Control)? YES
Did you install, and are you running the sim as an admin? YES
Before running the sim did you make sure the FSX/P3D directory is off limits to any AV scanning? YES
Does your system have the required distributables? YES
Is your video card DX11 compatible? YES
If applicable, did you disable any FSX to P3D migration tools (like Estonia) before running the sim? YES
Are you using an aircraft other than a Milviz one as your default aircraft? YES
Have you installed in the root sim directory? YES
Do you have the appropriate SimConnect libraries installed? YES

Aircraft: Advanced Series: T-38A Redux
Sim platform: P3D v.4
Operating system: Win10
Version: 1.191213
Unique ticket identifier: 024032F0-4C37-4C30-53A4-2563ABEFFF12

Third Party add ons include
Chaseplane
FSUIPC

Djrichard
Re: Throttle up for Taxi aircraft goes out of control

Post by Djrichard » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:29 am

Dear Milviz,

Sorry for the bother, but I figured it out. For those who may also experience this problem. Maybe this will help. My problem was, after getting the engines started and as I was advancing the throttles to taxi out of my parking spot, as the RPM approached 70% the roof fell out. I was spinning, turning, skidding, and twisting, but mostly just crashing. Not real sure what was happening, whatever the aircraft was doing it wasn't airframe friendly.

One of the many, many things that I had tried over the weekend, short of re-installing P3D (This was the only aircraft misbehaving),was to configure a cold and dark scenerio as described here:

https://milviz.com/Online_products/Manu ... D%20UG.pdf

When I created this scenerio, I had used the default aircraft, the F22 at the default airport. I've done this so many times in FSX. Default scenery, default aircraft,default airport. Turn everything off. Same thing continued to happened as I described above. I don't know what it was doing but it was very un-airplane like. After submitting this ticket, I had a thought. I created another cold and dark scenerio and this time I used the Maule. Went through the process of turning everything off and had myself a Maule cold and dark scenerio. Saved it and loaded up my newly created cold and dark scenerio and switched the aircraft from the Maule to the T38 sitting on the default airport, went thru the engine start sequence and advanced the throttles. Instead of crashing in the usual fashion, I found myself racing down the runway and airborne in seconds. Totally caught off guard. Wasn't expecting to go flying but there I was, my spirits soaring ever higher with every 1000 ft of climb.

I bought this aircraft on Thursday during the "Staycation" sale and spent all weekend trying to figure this out. It's a very nice aircraft. I have the original T38A. Definitely a step above that. Very nice. Flies even better once you get it airborne.

JonathanBleeker
Re: Throttle up for Taxi aircraft goes out of control

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:46 pm

Latest update out in the MVAMS

Return to “Northrop T-38A Advanced Redux Support Forum”