World appears washed out through canopy glass.

Chuck-D
World appears washed out through canopy glass.

Post by Chuck-D » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:31 pm

Hello, just want to thank you guys for bringing this fantastic module to P3D v5. I will forever maintain that the Talon is the ultimate single-piloted instrument and basic air work trainer.

Last night I installed the T-38A Redux and loaded my usual scenario, daytime takeoff from MCAS Miramar (KNKX) Runway 24R. I can't help but notice that the surrounding scenery appears washed out in terms of color, almost as if there is a grey filter over everything outside the cockpit. I verified with external views that it was indeed the canopy and not simply my monitor or sim settings. So my question is if this effect can somehow be toned down? Or is there something TrueGlass or RealLight related that was supposed to install during T-38A installation that didn't initialize for some reason?

For context, the only 3rd party add-ons I'm using are Orbx Global Base, Vector, openLC North America, and EnvShade. HDR is enabled with all 3 settings at 1.00, and Dynamic Lighting is enabled.

Slayer
Re: World appears washed out through canopy glass.

Post by Slayer » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:31 am

Hi, can you provide a picture or screenshot? Maybe slide the camera a bit so the glass is half in half out of the view?

I see also you are using Envshade. some users have had issues with the Kingair and this program interacting with RealLight/TrueGlass. The solution in those cases was that the programs needed to be updated to the latest versions.

Chuck-D

Post by Chuck-D » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:14 pm

Slayer wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:31 am
Hi, can you provide a picture or screenshot? Maybe slide the camera a bit so the glass is half in half out of the view?

I see also you are using Envshade. some users have had issues with the Kingair and this program interacting with RealLight/TrueGlass. The solution in those cases was that the programs needed to be updated to the latest versions.
Yep, here you go. I moved my head so it's basically half out of the canopy. As you can see, this issue does not exist with the just-released v5 version of the T-38C. Just the T-38A. This issue also exists whether or not I have EnvShade installed.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wzJnT73ckMU9dC3t7

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:32 am

Thank you. Forwarding this up the chain. :D

sthenion

Post by sthenion » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:38 pm

I see the same issue

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:09 pm

Not sure I can fix, but will see. v5 has altered lighting and transparency quite a bit..

Edit: I think I can fix

Return to “Northrop T-38A Advanced Redux Support Forum”