Cannot set afterburner threshold

Chuck-D
Cannot set afterburner threshold

Post by Chuck-D » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:17 pm

When I go into MVAMS to modify the afterburner threshold, the program doesn't seem to detect my throttle axes at all. I move my throttle levers throughout their full range of motion, and I never see a slider. And when I click to set, it just defaults to having the red line all the way to the left.

The throttles control thrust when actually flying the module just fine, and I never had this issue in P3D v4. Any ideas? My controllers are set to Direct Input, and when I select the dropdown menu option while in the sim to set afterburner threshold, it crashes P3D outright.

Slayer
Re: Cannot set afterburner threshold

Post by Slayer » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback, I've forwarded this to the dev team.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:07 pm

Verify that you are running both P3D and the MVAMS as admin, otherwise the MVAMS will look in the wrong user account for P3D control config.

Chuck-D

Post by Chuck-D » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:08 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:07 pm
Verify that you are running both P3D and the MVAMS as admin, otherwise the MVAMS will look in the wrong user account for P3D control config.
Just tried both. Running MVAMS as administrator has no effect and the slider still does not move. Running P3D as administrator, opening a scenario flying the T-38, and attempting the dropdown menu option still freezes and crashes the sim.

poosd

Post by poosd » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:14 pm

Same problem. Just verified that P3DV5 and MVAMS are both running as admin. In the MVAMS it ignores any input when attempting to set. When in sim, and using drop down menu to pick set afterburners, system CTD's and P3DV5 terminates.

I'm sure that it will get fixed...and Thank you very much for the free upgrade! Looking forward to getting the rest of my Milviz fleet back in to the air.

Dean

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:20 am

Oh I see what's happening. My bad. I forgot to update the MVAMS module to support P3D v5

Return to “Northrop T-38A Advanced Redux Support Forum”