Can’t get V5 update to download/install

ColoKent
Can’t get V5 update to download/install

Post by ColoKent » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:59 pm

Love the fact that the T-38A ADV Redux has been patched for V5....

That said, last night I applied P3D HFS 1 and 2 to my V5 install, synced ORBX and got the sim working like a charm. I did not have the -38 installed at that point. So I then disabled my AV, then ran the most recent T-38 Redux installer (Sep 2019), then after install went to MVAMS...and it prompted me that there was an update available for the T-38. I selected download...which is very slow (likely a result of my suddenly crappy internet service rather than MVAMS), and after 5 minutes or less, the download aborts and I am told MVAMS is unable to complete the download and install.

The lack of comments on this board regarding anyone having a similar experience (like ZERO comments!) is a big hint to me that the problem is likely something on my end...potential culprits in my mind:
- Corrupted MVAMS download due to previously mentioned internet issues
- My MVAMS is somehow out of date or needs to be reinstalled
- I need to restart after the initial install, THEN run MVAMS for update...

Any clues what I might not be considering?

Thanks,

Kent

ColoKent
Re: Can’t get V5 update to download/install

Post by ColoKent » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:22 am

Okay... turns out I DIDN'T have the latest installer. Downloaded the latest and greatest, installed with no issues, and it now flies in V5 like an over powered wobbly pig with blindingly glaring poor visibility out of the cockpit. Going to think about uninstalling RealLight to start....then I hope to see what else I can do to salvage this machine and get it flying correctly again. Utterly ZERO trim capability (although from reading another post here...sounds like it's an MVAMS V5 pointing oversight)...Typically the T-38, once you master it's idiosyncrasies, isn't that hard to take around the circuit...but this one now seems crazily overpowered. I have confidence I'll/we'll sort it. Plus my MVAMS is not necessarily working correctly, so I have to figure that out again. Hey-- it's progress towards trying to get V5 "dialed in" with my favorites. Hint to those who like repaints...better add "_albedo" to the end of the texture names or you'll not see your texture on your airplane.

Kent

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:51 am

Flight model shouldn't be affected. Verify your realism sliders (except crash realism) are firewalled and that your control input method is set to DirectInput, with all axes sensitivity maxed and nullzones min. Also ensure unlimited fuel and auto rudder are turned off.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:24 pm

Curious what you mean by poor visibility out of the cockpit? Screenshot?

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:01 pm

I believe he is refering to the opaque texture on the windscreen, another user posted about in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=220&t=12384

Return to “Northrop T-38A Advanced Redux Support Forum”