Aircraft is Static

cfaudiolab
Aircraft is Static

Post by cfaudiolab » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:53 am

I purchased the T-38A Adv Redux and It is a sweet looking craft, nice job on the textures!
Unfortunately, all I can do is look at it, sit in it and familiarize myself with the controls. Total silence, so I checked the P3D options menu and the sound was unchecked, when I click the box I get a chirp but the box stays unchecked. The sound setting in MVAMS is full on. Another curious thing is that when I do shift+2 and get the popup window to select the start method, when I move my cursor over the box the cursor disappears. If I left click I can see my cursor and position it over a button and click it. I'll get a red check mark on what ever I select but nothing happens.
Another note: Step 6 of the Installation (RealLight) did not happen. I made the assumption that this was because I already have that Installed in Orbx.
I get no throttle, stick or toggle movement in response to my control input.

What am I missing?

Slayer
Re: Aircraft is Static

Post by Slayer » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:58 pm

Do you have:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=53587

Installed? It is required for this aircraft.

Did you run the installer as an admin ( right click on it , run as admin ) and are you running your P3D as admin? Same for MVAMS?

PS I received an email from you also on the same thing. It is the same people responding to email and forums so no need to do both.

cfaudiolab

Post by cfaudiolab » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:52 am

Yes, I run P3D and all related software as Admin.
The link for Visual C Redist x64 is an older version than already installed, so it would not install.
Is it to be understood that the newer version is not backward compatible?
Microsoft notes that if communicating with an older version IE browser fails, that using MS Edge browser would solve that problem.
Tried that, still no joy.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:11 pm

Possibly try the download from here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/wi ... w=msvc-170

That link was from the support area when the product first came out. MS has updated several time since then apparently.

There should be a RealLightInstaller.exe in the aircrafts folder. Try rerunning that as an admin on the chance that you have a bad install of RL.

As far as the sound setting in MVAMS it should be only for the ambient sounds, It shouldn't have any effect on completely shutting off the sound on P3D.

cfaudiolab

Post by cfaudiolab » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:59 pm

That MS link was good and it did load, I Reinstalled RealLight and rebooted the computer, but still no change.
Exterior marker lights look better, but the interior of the plane is still dead. Sound is still locked off in P3D options menu, can't get anything to click or move anywhere.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:30 pm

The only other thing I can think of is the product isn't properly activated or something blocked access to the activation server.

Can you do a complete uninstall, disable AV and reinstall running the installer as an admin also?

PS Asking the lead dev on this project for any ideas.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:55 pm

Can you enable content error logging in P3D if the above fails and see if there are any errors being thrown related to the T-38A Redux?

cfaudiolab

Post by cfaudiolab » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:35 pm

Thanks, I was contemplating the same thing, but wanted to wait for your thoughts.
I couldn't find a dedicated uninstall program for this addon, and nothing listed as an app in windows to delete.
Could you let me know exactly what Folders/Files need to go so that no bugs are left to screw up this test?

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:43 pm

cfaudiolab wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:35 pm
Thanks, I was contemplating the same thing, but wanted to wait for your thoughts.
I couldn't find a dedicated uninstall program for this addon, and nothing listed as an app in windows to delete.
Could you let me know exactly what Folders/Files need to go so that no bugs are left to screw up this test?
That is our older installer, you simply re-run it and pick the uninstall option.

cfaudiolab

Post by cfaudiolab » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:43 am

Well, I tried all that but nothing has changed.
My installer version is 1.201207, is that the latest version?

cfaudiolab

Post by cfaudiolab » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:04 am

I checked the P3D content error file and tried to attach it to my last post but your system wouldn't accept it in any common format (.txt .pdf .doc).
the only reference to Milviz is the following excerpt:

[error.35]
error=Texture "MILVIZC310_LANDINGLIGHT_FRESNEL..DDS" failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.36]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Type: Unknown
Name: Unknown
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there's an extra space?): "<" in: < (A:PAYLOAD STATION WEIGHT:27, pound) 300 == and (A:FUEL TANK EXTERNAL1 LEVEL, percent) 100 & lt; (L:EXTTANKSLOADED_L, bool) 1 == and or (A:FUEL

[error.37]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there's an extra space?): "lt;" in: lt; (L:EXTTANKSLOADED_L, bool) 1 == and or (A:FUEL TANK EXTERNAL2 LEVEL, percent) 100 & lt; (L:EXTTANKSLOADED_R, bool) 1 == and or (L:INT_FUEL_FULL,

[error.38]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there's an extra space?): "lt;" in: lt; (L:EXTTANKSLOADED_R, bool) 1 == and or (L:INT_FUEL_FULL, bool) 0 == or (L:switch_refuel_sel, bool) 1 == and (L:switch_refuel_sel, bool) 0 == (L

Notice the two dots not one between the word FRESNEL and DDS. Curious
After that, Error lines 36,37, and 38 replicate for about 3 pages. that's why I didn't post the whole thing.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:41 pm

I'm wondering if it is something to do with using ProPlus and the license checking. Let me ask again.

Return to “Northrop T-38A Advanced Redux Support Forum”