A few questions from a Newbee...

ChristianBramkamp
A few questions from a Newbee...

Post by ChristianBramkamp » Tue May 04, 2021 10:28 pm

After spending a few hours with the manual i would like to ask a few things and reporting some issues i have (V5 current build):

Starter: Whenever i hit the Starter (no matter if the Magnetos are engaged), the airplane is jumping uncontrolled to the front, while the brakes are set. Using the settings from the manual and hitting CTRL+E is working fine to startup.

RPM: Whenever trying to setup the RPM, the whole airplane is shaking like hell. Governer issue?

Airbrake: I believe the Skyraider has a controller/fuse to disable the airbrake while the airplane is on the ground to protect the lower brake hitting the ground.

Tailwheel-Lock: The Tailwheel-Lock is not working with the default parameters, but there is no option to assign a key in MVAMS.

Sound: I really love the overall sound quality, but there seems to be an issue in several power settings. Is the engine sound linked to the RPM only?

Wingfold: The Wingfold looks far to fast. For sure this depends on factors like Weight and Pressure, but i ve never seen a cycle in 10 Seconds. A empty wing will need around 15-20 Seconds.

Overall: No matter which defaul state is selected in MVAMS, the airplane is always cold/dark.

YoYo
Re: A few questions from a Newbee...

Post by YoYo » Wed May 05, 2021 6:55 am

Hi,
1 and 2 - check your physical throttle, looks like you have on max position (or maybe your default flight was saved with max settings). For each flight from cold and dark I have throttle on min level. Works great, no any "jump" after starting the engine. Use the parking brake before too for the whole C&D procedure. Shaking during low RPM is normal when starting, Skyraider has a very large propeller, however, it may be related to your throttle opening too much at the start (so the firs point).

3 - airbrake works on/off, you can setup also axis here with FSUPIC for examle. In this situation you can open it just a little if you need it. Using the air brake on the ground was prohibited.

4 and 5 - it will be improved.

6 - Yes you can modifiy the aircraf.cfg to change the winflod animation speed. Example. Look at the bottom of the file for "folding wings" block:

[folding_wings]
wing_fold_system_type=4 ;0=None
fold_rates=0.52,0.51 ;Percent per second

7 - new DLL for MVAMS2 is ready now and will be in the nearest patch

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Wed May 05, 2021 4:10 pm

Thanks Yoyo. Also please make sure you are running the MVAMS2 as admin or it may not save.

ChristianBramkamp

Post by ChristianBramkamp » Wed May 05, 2021 9:52 pm

Hi Yoyo,

thanks for your reply. Appreciated

I do not believe that it is a problem with the pysical throttle. All other airplanes/ addons are working fine.
It´s always the same procedure: Opening with a default airplane and load the addon. The shaking on RPM changes occure permanent, not only on the ground. Even little changes (2800 to 2750) result in massive shakings.

Wingfold: fold_rates = 0.05, 0.06 looks much more realistic, but where is the standard configuration comming from?

Airbrake: The manual says: "Maintain the brakes in the full OPEN position when desired, and full CLOSED when not; do not use any intermediate position." I still believe real word Skyraiders have a fuse to avoid an deployment on the ground (basically linked to gear position).

YoYo

Post by YoYo » Wed May 05, 2021 11:26 pm

ChristianBramkamp wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:52 pm
I do not believe that it is a problem with the pysical throttle. All other airplanes/ addons are working fine.
P3Dv4 or v5? Do you use Chaseplane maybe?
Can you do video with your issue?

About airbrake, I didnt hear about „linked with gear up”, it was possible to have it open with gear down:
https://www.milavia.net/airshows/rhode- ... w.php?f=16

Return to “A-1H Skyraider Support Forum”